2023 Stanley Cup Finals: Florida vs Vegas

Thorny

16 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Without the help of the refs Floirida wins that game in regulation. Glad they won in the end. 

I think the league really wants Vegas though. It'll be weird if Eichel gets a cup before McDavid. 

Sure feels that way.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Jeez

Florida has too many lunks, they better not win this cup. How the hell did they get here with so many garbage players 

Every time you bring this topic up it reminds me of how conflicted I am about Matt Martin: A no talent lunk who threw the cheap hit that caused the neck injury to Jack but also the son in law of just about my biggest childhood sports hero.

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Without the help of the refs Floirida wins that game in regulation. Glad they won in the end. 

I think the league really wants Vegas though. It'll be weird if Eichel gets a cup before McDavid. 

I agree the refs seem really slanted, but I don't agree that Florida would have won in regulation. I didn't see every second of the game but they looked terrible for most of the parts I saw. And had just 16 shots on goal through 95% of the game. They look spent, not like a cup finalist 

I don’t understand why so many people are bringing up the refs in this one. The last game, sure. But I thought the refs called the penalties that were there, this game. I thought all of those trips were trips.

I can’t believe Tkachuk scored that goal. We were just talking about how unsteady he looked just minutes before. Really glad it’s a series now.

10 hours ago, Thorny said:

Jack has been more impressive in this playoffs than I ever could have imagined

This.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

I don’t understand why so many people are bringing up the refs in this one. The last game, sure. But I thought the refs called the penalties that were there, this game. I thought all of those trips were trips.

I can’t believe Tkachuk scored that goal. We were just talking about how unsteady he looked just minutes before. Really glad it’s a series now.

This.

I didn't watch the last one with a microscope,  but did not see Stephenson get touched in any meaningful way. He jumped right between the 2 players and decided not to land on his skates it looked like

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I didn't watch the last one with a microscope,  but did not see Stephenson get touched in any meaningful way. He jumped right between the 2 players and decided not to land on his skates it looked like

Unfortunately, I didn’t record last night, so I can’t watch it again, but I remember that Forsling definitely stuck his leg out. He made just enough contact for Stephenson to go down. If he didn’t stick his leg out and the same contact made him fall. It would not have been called, imo.

I thought most of the Florida penalties were a result of being dumb. Instead of a 2 min PP on the Gudas boarding, he goes and retaliates, then a really dumb tripping play 180 feet from their goal, and it’s 4 on 3. Dumb.

16 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Unfortunately, I didn’t record last night, so I can’t watch it again, but I remember that Forsling definitely stuck his leg out. He made just enough contact for Stephenson to go down. If he didn’t stick his leg out and the same contact made him fall. It would not have been called, imo.

I thought most of the Florida penalties were a result of being dumb. Instead of a 2 min PP on the Gudas boarding, he goes and retaliates, then a really dumb tripping play 180 feet from their goal, and it’s 4 on 3. Dumb.

I watched it again, there was a bit of a clip but all of the contact was initiated by Stephenson, Forsling didn't move an inch outside of the skating track that was looping him back around. Reminds me of those times when players step on a stick and fall and draw the call

6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I watched it again, there was a bit of a clip but all of the contact was initiated by Stephenson, Forsling didn't move an inch outside of the skating track that was looping him back around. Reminds me of those times when players step on a stick and fall and draw the call

I just disagree. He totally dragged his foot. It was a marginal call, but it was the right call.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.