The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: Second Round GDT.

Eleven

10 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Why have I seen about 5 skate blades fall off in the last couple weeks? I had previously seen this happen twice in a decade

New tech.  Just like more sticks break than ever before. 

It's not just hockey.  I have bicycles with 30-year-old cogs and chains.  Newer bikes a chain doesn't last a season of riding; to make a 10+ rear gear cluster work you need very thin chain links and there's not enough bearing surface on them so the bearings deform the links producing chain stretch.  But it's a compromise you make to get 3-4 extra gears in the back and save some weight.

Especially in the highest echelon of sports, equipment durability gives way to performance.

42 minutes ago, Thorny said:

If two Canadian teams made the final, the Canadian team finally winning would end up anti climatic after all these years lol

And the year of the blown lead 

30 years since the Cup was last won by a Canadien team. Kind of shocking.

Toronto barely showed up for that game. I don't see either of NJ or the Canes giving in so easily. The conference finals will be a brawl if this is how this series is going to go.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Why have I seen about 5 skate blades fall off in the last couple weeks? I had previously seen this happen twice in a decade

The new tech allows for quick change without screws, so sometimes they come loose if they take a hard shot.

24 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I never knew the refs can review for a penalty?   I guess I don’t know the rules.  

There’s a special allowance for Canadian teams.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/14/2023 at 4:19 PM, Zamboni said:

Haha now I see it. Yea that’s delicious. Yummy.

On 4/18/2023 at 11:38 PM, Zamboni said:

So glad the Leafs lost tonight. It was delicious.

On 4/28/2023 at 7:12 PM, Zamboni said:

And it’s delicious he didn’t 

On 4/30/2023 at 10:00 PM, Zamboni said:

tenor.gif?itemid=15397638

so delicious to see the scumbag in pain 

31 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

That was a delicious loss. Nice job Panthers.

Eating extremely well lately I see 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

These series in general look pretty meh they’ll have to win me over. What happens sometimes when there are big early upsets 

As the series goes on they start to hate each other and the intensity ratchets up, provided they are pretty evenly matched. 
That can draw me into it.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.