The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: Second Round GDT.

Eleven

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Maybe they just had a long break then, come to think of it they were the first team to advance right? 

Yup.

5-5-10 in 8 games for JE. but it really hasn’t been about the points. It’s his 2 way game that’s been the most noteworthy aspect 

Edited by Thorny

35 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ya, they advanced to the final 8 in the league, first, before all the other teams. I’m not sure of his exact numbers but it’s something like 

5-5-10 in 8 games 

but it really hasn’t been about the points. It’s his 2 way game that’s been the most noteworthy aspect 

I find Swamp's assertion that the Knights are boring more true each passing year so I haven't been following that one closely. I don't really want any of the  remaining teams to win 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I find Swamp's assertion that the Knights are boring more true each passing year so I haven't been following that one closely. I don't really want any of the  remaining teams to win 

In order to get there, FLA will have vanquished Boston, Toronto, likely Carolina, and then likely either Vegas or Edmonton and possibly Dallas.  Considering who will have to get left in their wake, let's go Swamp Cats!

And that will make not finding 2 more points somewhere within 82 games all that much harder to take.  (Even though the 2 points would've flipped them into Carolina's bracket and not Boston's)

2 minutes ago, Taro T said:

In order to get there, FLA will have vanquished Boston, Toronto, likely Carolina, and then likely either Vegas or Edmonton and possibly Dallas.  Considering who will have to get left in their wake, let's go Swamp Cats!

And that will make not finding 2 more points somewhere within 82 games all that much harder to take.  (Even though the 2 points would've flipped them into Carolina's bracket and not Boston's)

Florida has beaten the snot out of us too many times recently for me to be enthusiastic about them.

they are impressive though for sure 

2 hours ago, Weave said:

Nothing about what our team is doing now gives them a better odds of winning the cup than Toronto has.

I think the "build a young team of talented players" works better than whatever Toronto is trying.  And for what it's worth, until the Leafs win a Cup they will have a longer cup drought than the Sabres.

After awhile, being the 5th bridesmaid gets annoying.

1 hour ago, Claude Balls said:

Eichel is such a 🤡. Scores a goal and gives it to the Edmonton fans like he's better than Connor. He did the same thing here against Toronto. He's def one of the better players in the league, but he needs to tone it down when he scores. He's a no show for just as many games as he shows up for. 

I just watched the highlight of his goal. I don't think it's possible for me to be as jaded about anything as this generous description of his celebration hints he makes you

4 minutes ago, LTS said:

The difference is in the salaries and what's left.  The Sabres will have more money to build out a team versus the Leafs.  That stands out to me versus the Leafs who have blown salary cap on players who aren't moving the needle enough and draining resources exactly in the spot that keeps kicking their butts out of the playoffs. Defense and goaltending.

This is true, but again, when all their stars were on ELCs and they were making the playoffs with them, that wasn't true yet

That's what I mean about us not even getting to the point where we can say we are different from them yet. We have a lot of work to do to get to the point from which they began to fail

Edited by Randall Flagg

These last few years I found myself rooting against Eichel. Yes he may have an attitude but you know what, I would probably have been the same way. I’ve worked in some places where management were idiots and made my job not fun and I moved on to a new place and was happier. Maybe I’ll stop being bitter and cheer for the guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OverPowerYou said:

These last few years I found myself rooting against Eichel. Yes he may have an attitude but you know what, I would probably have been the same way. I’ve worked in some places where management were idiots and made my job not fun and I moved on to a new place and was happier. Maybe I’ll stop being bitter and cheer for the guy. 

Im Not Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

If we could just keep this topic about the 2023 playoffs, that would be appreciated. Thanks. 

3 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

You Got This Mtv GIF by Cameo

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Devils are a trainwreck this period....would Ryan Graves make a difference?

Outside of game 3, I’d say the Devils have been a trainwreck the whole series.

And at this point, I’m not sure if the Devils played well in game 3 or if Carolina just laid an absolute egg given how the rest of the series has gone…

Edited by eanyills

I like the Kraken.  I saw them in game 1 this season and was impressed then and even more impressed with them now. Just crazy that they are in the league for 5 minutes and cranking through the playoffs.. Vegas too for that matter. The home atmospheres have been amazing.

We Sabres fans have been tested,  we have to experience playoff hockey soon. My twins turned 18 and they have no idea what Sabres playoff hockey is.

• Sad 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.