GDT: Sabres at Toronto 3-13-2023 7:30 start MSG

spndnchz

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Those 3 feed off each other so well.

It’s an incredible line. Cozens centering Quinn/JJP was a stroke of genius, too. I’m a Cozens fanboy, have been since he dropped the gloves with Lindgren as an 18 year old rookie, but he’s far surpassed my expectations at this point in his career. He looks like he’s gonna be a star.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

At about 10 minutes left in the game after a couple of great saves by Anderson Dunleavy said "you aren't going to get far in this league without great goaltending." Next season will be KA's 4th season at trying to fix the goaltending situation.  He better get it right this time.  Just imagine if we had this caliber goaltending as tonight all season we wouldn't be wondering if we can make the playoffs we would already be in a playoff spot. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The last 40 min might have been this teams best 40-min stretch this season, and they've had many good moments. Props to them.

I don't think he's going to get really going this season as the schedule is slowly ending, but i just feel like watching JJ Peterka the last few games hes on verge of breaking out and becoming a regular contributor to the teams scoring. Beautiful assist tonight and he had some chances. I've been loving his game lately.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, sabresouth said:

At about 10 minutes left in the game after a couple of great saves by Anderson Dunleavy said "you aren't going to get far in this league without great goaltending." Next season will be KA's 4th season at trying to fix the goaltending situation.  He better get it right this time.  Just imagine if we had this caliber goaltending as tonight all season we wouldn't be wondering if we can make the playoffs we would already be in a playoff spot. 

They've played a much stronger defensive game since giving up 10.. no goaltender would have bailed them out the way they were playing before.  Krebs was responsible for the Matthews goal though.  He pinched while Dahlin was in the zone, then skated hard to get back, then coasted again and left Matthews alone.

Overall they are playing more physical, more engaged and at a higher pace.  I still think bigger teams will give them troubles though.  The Leafs aren't that great either. Their defense continues to be suspect.

Lovely game though... right now this team is going where it needs to go for me to stay happy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

24 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

It’s an incredible line. Cozens centering Quinn/JJP was a stroke of genius, too. I’m a Cozens fanboy, have been since he dropped the gloves with Lindgren as an 18 year old rookie, but he’s far surpassed my expectations at this point in his career. He looks like he’s gonna be a star.

At one point in the 3rd Cozens got off the ice early with the puck in the corner of the offensive zone. JJP, Tomers, Quinn had a great 60 seconds or so out there.

As our top 6 forwards mature there are going to be a lot of options for line combinations. 

Mitts has driven me nuts the first half of the year. Shout out to him, phenomenal game. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Mango said:

At one point in the 3rd Cozens got off the ice early with the puck in the corner of the offensive zone. JJP, Tomers, Quinn had a great 60 seconds or so out there.

As our top 6 forwards mature there are going to be a lot of options for line combinations. 

Mitts has driven me nuts the first half of the year. Shout out to him, phenomenal game. 

Who is that ? Tage ? 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Who is that ? Tage ? 

2 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Yes several players and DG and maybe even KA has referred to TNT as Tommers all season. Probably over the summer and last season too.

I always call him Tagey through my TV. It feels like the proper hockey nickname. 

Tommers was fighting so hard to get through the blanket they were trying to put on him tonight.

He’s not a guy who shuts down when the competition ratchets up. He’s still learning how to beat tough defence, but he’s got the mental toughness to make it happen. 

Jokiharju with another outstanding game: 4 hits +2, 27 minutes.

It feels like Sabrespace only notices him when something doesn’t work and takes for granted what he does well.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, dudacek said:

It feels like Sabrespace only notices him when something doesn’t work and takes for granted what he does well.

That's probably true, and holds for most D men. You notice the mistakes more than the good plays. Power and Jokiharju were much better than Dahlin and Bryson. Power's passing and puck movement were very good tonight. 

Perhaps, with this roster and when Samuelsson is out, they should play Dahlin back on the left side with Jokiharju, Power with Lybushkin and Stillman with Clague, the 3rd pairing getting much less ice time. Yes, I hate Bryson. 

17 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Tommers was fighting so hard to get through the blanket they were trying to put on him tonight.

He’s not a guy who shuts down when the competition ratchets up. He’s still learning how to beat tough defence, but he’s got the mental toughness to make it happen. 

I think he will get better when we got some more studs going, they really focused on him tonight.  Always 3 leafs swarming him.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Yes several players and DG and maybe even KA has referred to TNT as Tommers all season. Probably over the summer and last season too.

At least beats the way my darts team calls me.  First was magic joa ( my name is joachim) / But sometimes changes into magic soa when everyone gets drunk ( which translates into magic std basically) 🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Thorny said:

Think you have Chris Cuthbert Hes a legend imo 

I have him on the sn feed 

It was actually quite good. They seemed to get that they should be hyping up both teams' players (obvs with a few more superlatives thrown the way of Matthews, Marner et al).

Edited by steveoath
  • Like (+1) 1

Was very surprised (Happily) on this one. After the first i did not think they were going to score a goal. After the second i was wondering why it was not 5-2 Sabres as they dominated! The 3rd was good both ends but Tuch was smoking!!! I will also give it to Nylander, that goal was freaking sick!!!! All in all it was fun to watch! Has not been like that in in a couple of weeks it seems.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.