Forward Jordan Greenway Traded to Buffalo for a 2023 2nd VGK and 2024 5th Round Pick

Brawndo

Looking it up on the hfboard, the Wild fans seem cool with this deal. It's an unscientific thing but here are some of the comments about Greenway.

He's had a disappointing season. Overall huge disappointment. They find him inconsistent, showing flashes, then disappearing for ten games. He has stone hands. He was never going to reach his potential in MN bc of the system. Not motivated. A considerable amount of talent but none of the toolbox to use it. Could manhandle the whole league if he wanted to but nah. Greenway is Charlie Coyle. etc. etc.

https://forums.hfboards.com/threads/greenway-to-buffalo-for-a-2nd-and-a-5th.2919414/

12 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I was hoping for Tom Wilson possibly or Greenway. I just kept it to myself because I know how people on this board feel about Wilson. 

I would take Wilson, but he probably would decline the Sabres if he can.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I love this pickup and was hoping we would land him. Big bodied defensive forward who likes to play physical. He wont show up on the score board but he's exactly what we need right now. Teach these youngins how to play a better defensive game.

That is one of my hopes.

2 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

I think we're really going to like this guy and if Granato is really a developmental guy, get this guy to hit everything that moves.

And that kind of hitting is contagious.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

You have been persistent on acquiring this guy.  

Yep.  When I looked at who was available with term and needed skill sets, Chychrun and Greenway were at the top of the list.  Greenway’s experience with DG really made him a clear choice for the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 2

I get the impression KA and Meatballs are developing a Ruff/Reiger type of partnership, which is good. The bonus here is that KA is willing to address the physical game in more than superficial manner.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, CallawaySabres said:

Just talked to my buddy in MN and he said that Greenway is a total marshmallow. Hopefully that changes a bit here...

Well he was skating with Foligno most of the time, then Deslauriers who took on all the heavy lifting. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.