Forward Jordan Greenway Traded to Buffalo for a 2023 2nd VGK and 2024 5th Round Pick

Brawndo

I maybe in the minority here, but I think KO will be back as a player next season.  He’s going to be entering next season only 18 or so games from reaching 1000 for his career.  I find it hard to believe he’ll walk away without reaching that milestone and I doubt the Sabres want him to reach that milestone somewhere other than Buffalo.

I realize with the addition of Greenway and guys like Savoie and Kulich pushing from below make it hard to keep KO, but I’m not sure next season is the season to push him out the door.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I maybe in the minority here, but I think KO will be back as a player next season.  He’s going to be entering next season only 18 or so games from reaching 1000 for his career.  I find it hard to believe he’ll walk away without reaching that milestone and I doubt the Sabres want him to reach that milestone somewhere other than Buffalo.

I realize with the addition of Greenway and guys like Savoie and Kulich pushing from below make it hard to keep KO, but I’m not sure next season is the season to push him out the door.

Who's pushing? I'm pulling both his arms, someone grab his feet.....

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I don’t think there is any chance Okposo signs with a another team, or that the Sabres push him out the door.

If he’s not back, it’s because he retired.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

I spent my college years in Canton at St Lawrence U. Great D1 hockey school a couple hours north of Syracuse (where Tuch grew up). 

I spent mine at SUNY Canton.  We called you guys the rich kids.  😂

• Haha (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I don’t think there is any chance Okposo signs with a another team, or that the Sabres push him out the door.

If he’s not back, it’s because he retired.

I think if both Z and Okie want to be back, they’re back.  And deservedly so.  They are still too effective to write off.

I think Z and Greenway could be 2/3 of an awesome energy/checking line.  And Okie can anchor a hell of a 4th lone with sheltered minutes for a couple of kids

24 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Yeah. I think you are in the minority

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I’ve been asking for this deal for days.  It just made to much sense.  Great move from KA, but where is the D help? 😉

I wouldn't be surprised if he adds another defenseman in the mold of Lyubuskin in the offseason. If you add Johnson to the pipeline, who in a year or so will be a third or fourth pairing blueliner, you can see depth being added to the unit. Will the GM go bold and acquire a second pairing caliber of player? I'm not sure that he will. What the injuries to Tuch and Dahlin demonstrate is that right now this team has an inadequate amount of depth to absorb injuries when they occur. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Just found Canton on google maps.  Looks very nice.  Is it full-blown mountains where you are?

BTW, you probably already know this, but the border crossing at Thousand Islands is quite pretty and there is a great duty free store there with a very good scotch selection.

It’s a nice small town.  20 minutes from the Adirondack Park. Two colleges here.  SUNY Canton and St Lawrence. 
But lots of nature all around. 

45 minutes ago, Curt said:

Maybe Okposo won’t be back, maybe he will.

Those lines were not meant to be a careful construction of the Sabres 2023-24 opening night lineup.  It’s just a tool for illustrating the players who are likely to be returning.

Like a presentation tool?

Dammit I can't get The Office gif to load.

Edited by Eleven

I like KO but I don't want him back next year. Hire him in some other non-player capacity. I think he'll hold back a young'un who can help the Sabres advance further.      I also hope Girgs goes away too. Nothing personal, I just want all the players who've stayed for too long from the losing seasons to leave.

15 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he adds another defenseman in the mold of Lyubuskin in the offseason. If you add Johnson to the pipeline, who in a year or so will be a third or fourth pairing blueliner, you can see depth being added to the unit. Will the GM go bold and acquire a second pairing caliber of player? I'm not sure that he will. What the injuries to Tuch and Dahlin demonstrate is that right now this team has an inadequate amount of depth to absorb injuries when they occur. 

What team has the depth to cover for a talent like Dahlin?

5 minutes ago, ... said:

What team has the depth to cover for a talent like Dahlin?

It's not an issue of replacing Dahlin. The problem is when a starter is sidelined there isn't an adequate supply of players within the unit to temporarily fill the void until the player returns. You are not going to replace a player such as Dahlin with an equal talent. (Obviously so.) Being able to fill the hole with a competent player or not creating a big deficit by the player who ends up moving into the lineup is the issue that needed to be addressed.

54 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

It’s a nice small town.  20 minutes from the Adirondack Park. Two colleges here.  SUNY Canton and St Lawrence. 
But lots of nature all around. 

Clarkson nearby too, yes?

23 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Colorado?

Just went to see them in person without Makar and they had no problem on the backend vs. Calgary.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.