Tuch on injured Reserve

Norcal

1 hour ago, Dr. Who said:

I saw a rumor on another site yesterday that it is a broken foot and Tuch is out 4 to 6 weeks. I hope that is not the real story, but if it is, does this alter perspectives on whether Meier is worth the expenditure to attain? He fits the timeline, but a top 4 D is really what I want.

Makes sense if he blocked a shot with his foot...likely having surgery to help the healing process along. So crazy athletes have surgeries to fix things normal people would just have heal on their own.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

I think what Tage will miss most with Tuch out of the lineup is the board work and puck hounding Tuch is so good at.  Seems to me that KO is best equipped to replace it.

Problem is, KO isn’t keeping up with that line so it won’t be first guy in that’s best at puck retrieval.  Once they’ve established in the zone, KO should be fine though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I saw a rumor on another site yesterday that it is a broken foot and Tuch is out 4 to 6 weeks. I hope that is not the real story, but if it is, does this alter perspectives on whether Meier is worth the expenditure to attain? He fits the timeline, but a top 4 D is really what I want.

I saw Tuch and Thompson last night at dinner. Tuch was on crutches.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, rickshaw said:

Crutches? Are you serious? Sh*t

It just means he's not supposed to put too much weight on the leg/foot.  Doesn't mean it's the end of the world.

Good teams overcome injuries.  if the Sabres can't overcome this then they shouldn't be in the playoffs. Other players need to step up.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Work harder? Why? 

Because VO does very little other than fire a laser beam one timer.  

2 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Y’all watched what happens when you mess with chemistry. Total collapse. They can’t touch the other lines. Hinostroza to the first line and our production cuts in half. 

Nervous The Big Bang Theory GIF

KO can totally keep up with that line.

I like the Quinn idea, at least for a taste.

HineyStrokie’s forecheck is good enough to replace Tuch’s, I just don’t think his playmaking can, but maybe.

I don’t like VO on that line at all.

This sucks, but not as bad as I would have thought.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.