Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

I'm out with this coaching staff. Constant mistakes and Allen is regressing hard. Personally, I think mcnugget got in his head and I think dorsey has limits and is being limited. I think McDermott bought his own hype. The benching of Cook was laughable and screamed micro manager trying to me. 

I don't think they can win a superbowl with this staff. I wish Mike Tomlin was available, he turns turds into winning seasons. Sadly Kirby Smart is also not available. Maybe try Monken out of Baltimore. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I’m not sure if I’m rooting for the Bills to win out and squeak into the playoffs or hope they just continue to Bills themselves into a sub .500 record increasing the likelihood McDermott is fired.  I’m not sure I have enough faith in Terry or whoever hires the next coach to get it right.  Pegula brought us Ralph Krueger and Wrecks Ryan. 

I said that in the aftermath of yesterday's game:  "Bring back Rex!"  Honestly I'm not sure he would be any worse than Coach McClappy.

44 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I don’t want McD to be fired, but Dorsey has to go, and it should be today.  

McDermott should have been fired after 13 Seconds.  I didn't think so at the time but in retrospect... yeah.  That was his peak.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

This team is and has been a seriously bad joke since day 1. Last night was just another cherry on the cake for embarrassment. The good that will come out of it is that this team will not get all these national night games next year!!! Watch our game and be tortured at 1 PM and be over the disgusting play by 7 PM. This team needs to lose out and get a good meaningful pick in next years draft. If Dorsey and McStupid are here next year i won't waste a second of my life watching.  GO SABRES!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Stormcloudmember66 said:

This team is and has been a seriously bad joke since day 1. Last night was just another cherry on the cake for embarrassment. The good that will come out of it is that this team will not get all these national night games next year!!! Watch our game and be tortured at 1 PM and be over the disgusting play by 7 PM. This team needs to lose out and get a good meaningful pick in next years draft. If Dorsey and McStupid are here next year i won't waste a second of my life watching.  GO SABRES!!! 

I don’t trust Beanes drafting and they will roll back McDummy. I wont be watching either. Absolute humiliation. I live in Dolphins country and my buddies are shredding me 😂😂

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

The one and only time this season that they won the toss and took the ball … and Cook fumbled it away on the first play.  Since McD always defers, you would think they were confident that they could score first and play with a lead.  

Denver is a bad team that is playing hard.  The Bills are hardly playing. McD has lost them. All phases of the game are unraveling. 

• Agree 2

57 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm out with this coaching staff. Constant mistakes and Allen is regressing hard. Personally, I think mcnugget got in his head and I think dorsey has limits and is being limited. I think McDermott bought his own hype. The benching of Cook was laughable and screamed micro manager trying to me. 

I don't think they can win a superbowl with this staff. I wish Mike Tomlin was available, he turns turds into winning seasons. Sadly Kirby Smart is also not available. Maybe try Monken out of Baltimore. 

A few years ago I talked about what a good coach McD was. You asked me, “ is he great?”   My answer was “not without a championship “.  

Sadly, it appears he lost his team.  They have moved on.  You can see that the great internal leadership from the players is gone and that the team culture has changed.  High expectations seems to have caused them to flinch, not to rise up. 

4 minutes ago, Night Train said:

That seems ambitious now. Free falling..

Sad but true. But if we really want to take off the rose colored glasses, one could see this coming a mile away. I made mention of it months ago and got flamed. The cracks were there since summer. 

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

So... after the timeout they had 11 men on the field for the first missed field goal, and then between attempts they made a defensive substitution (addition)? Huh.

No they had 12 for the miss, which gave Denver another shot.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Look at the Sabres.  They still falter a lot but it’s mostly due to inexperience or a lack of talent at certain positions.   People want to fire Granato but he still has his team. They are listening to him, they are simply no better as a group than their record.   They are a team that has to fight to get a wildcard spot.  Improvement comes incrementally, but inconsistent play is more prevalent in a league  where you play 82 games versus 17.  

Football is played once a week.  Preparation for any one game is much more intense, and margin for error is less.  The Bills should be a top team in their conference and they are not.  They are finding new ways to lose but the turnovers and penalties and bizzare play calling tell us a lot.  They are getting worse not better.  

McD is far more likely to get canned than Granato.   I would not have thought that 2 years ago. 

Edited by Pimlach

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Out of curiosity, why don’t you want McDermott fired.  He’s been at the helm for some of the biggest coaching gaffs in professional sports the last 3 years. 

9 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

McDermott praising the D was a self indulgent moment IMHO. They let Denver march down the field at the end.

He’s come off very Weasley and petty 

I turned the game off at half time and went to bed. Not because I didn't think they could win. I assumed they would. But I just don't care about this team any longer. And I never thought that was possible having watched games and suffering through some stretches of the worst football since the team's inception. What an immense disappointment. Maybe I'm just getting old. 

41 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

McDermott praising the D was a self indulgent moment IMHO. They let Denver march down the field at the end.

31 minutes ago, inkman said:

He’s come off very Weasley and petty 

This is true. These are end times for his regime. Please, Terry, we beg you: Give another regime a shot to build around Allen. 

Ben Johnson is a fashionable name at the moment. Why not? (This would also require the hiring of a new GM, I presume.)