Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

1 hour ago, MISabresFan said:

I am confused about the benching of Cook.  He fumbled = and got benched.  Josh throws the ball to the other team and he still plays.  

I mean, he did put it right into the hands of his receiver, not sure how you blame him for that one.    But the benching of Cook was dumb.    

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Fair question.  They don't look like a well-coached team right now and there is something wrong with the team spirit.  As others have noted, they seem unhappy, pressured and psyched out.

However (and I'll credit dave_mcbride, an excellent poster on TSW for this), pretty much every really good NFL team that's had an extended run over the last 20 years or so has had a down year at some point in that run.  They key is how they respond -- the best organizations are able to make changes and return to contender status.  I think McD/BB are of that caliber.

Why do I think that about McD?  Because I remember the before times.  And because I remember all of the great wins he's gotten out of this team.  And because he gets them to the playoffs every year.  And because he's a good man and his players play hard for him.

The most important near term objective right now IMHO is getting the right OC.  It might not have been fair for Dorsey to pay the price, but as OC he was accountable for the offense, and the offense has been terrible to mediocre all year.  Brady, or whoever the permanent OC is, has to get on the same wavelength as JA and get the most out of him.  We sure haven't see that this season.

And FFS BB needs to get another real WR for JA.

We'll see.

He's a good man should have nothing to do with it.  I think he handcuffs the OC, that's why Dabol wanted out.  
You put him up vs the better coaches in the league and he's going to fail.  
get an offensive guy to take over next year.  McDermott will land on his feet as a DC again somewhere.  His time in Buffalo is done 

• Agree 3

13 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

He's a good man should have nothing to do with it.  I think he handcuffs the OC, that's why Dabol wanted out.  
get an offensive guy to take over next year.  McDermott will land on his feet as a DC again somewhere.  His time in Buffalo is done 

Also we have no idea if he's a good man. We know what that's code for, though.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Daboll wanting out is pure speculation.  He took a HC job, which any OC would do.

As for going up against better coaches -- last season, McD beat:

- Sean McVay (coming off a SB win, btw)

- John Harbaugh

- Mike Tomlin

- Andy Reid

- Bill Belichick (twice)

- Mike McDaniel (twice)

- Dan Campbell

The previous season, he beat:

- Andy Reid

- Sean Payton

- Bill Belichick (twice)

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Also we have no idea if he's a good man. We know what that's code for, though.

What does this mean?

• Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Daboll wanting out is pure speculation.  He took a HC job, which any OC would do.

- John Harbaugh

- Mike Tomlin

- Andy Reid

- Bill Belichick (twice)

- Mike McDaniel (twice)

- Dan Campbell

- Andy Reid

- Sean Payton

- Bill Belichick (twice)

What does this mean?

It means you have no idea if he's a good or bad man. What are you basing it on?

16 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

- John Harbaugh

- Mike Tomlin

- Andy Reid

- Bill Belichick (twice)

- Mike McDaniel (twice)

- Dan Campbell

- Andy Reid

- Sean Payton

- Bill Belichick (twice)

What does this mean?

This post lacks so much context its basically useless. 

I kinda wish the whole dog and pony show of press conferences wasn’t a thing. Fans demanding coaching changes, players having to answer ridiculous questions immediately after a gut wrenching loss.  I guess money is the reason fans think we are entitled to this garbage.  It’s all a little much.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It means you have no idea if he's a good or bad man. What are you basing it on?

Leaving aside your major back-pedal here, which I suppose is a slight improvement over your prior post, I'm basing my assessment on watching and listening to him for the last 6 years, plus the statements of those close to him.

Do I know him personally?  No, of course not.  Do you apply that criterion to every public figure whose character you assess?

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

This post lacks so much context its basically useless. 

Well, I was responding to this:

...but thanks for the value-added comment.  Should people start critiquing your posts this way?

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

Daboll did not want out, the Giants wanted him in. Being offered upwards of $4m per year to hold one of only 32 jobs in the world and for a storied franchise to boot, would be enough to convince anyone to take the promotion.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, I was responding to this:

...but thanks for the value-added comment.  Should people start critiquing your posts this way?

When I list a bunch of names without contextualizing how those losses occurred... 

Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

5 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

His love for Davis is straight up irrational.

Well, check that. There is a rational basis for it. But the criteria for that basis are effing stupid.

I'm done with McDermott. He doesn't know or is unwilling to adapt to the team he has. He's clearly a micromanagement type and he constantly blames others for his lack of ability. They will never win a superbowl with him as coach. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3