Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

8 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

This is so stupid. I was so looking forward to an actual snow game. One more reason as to why I watch very little football any more. 

What an ignorant comment. The weather isn't good here and 60k semi drunk ppl driving around in it is how ppl end up dead. Sorry it inconvenienced your enjoyment. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

What an ignorant comment. The weather isn't good here and 60k semi drunk ppl driving around in it is how ppl end up dead. Sorry it inconvenienced your enjoyment. 

I don't get the enjoyment part  either why people want that.  It looks fun to watch for about 5 minutes but then....

Seeing a QB like Josh Allen over and underthrow WR's due to the wind...seeing WR's not able to make cuts.  OL and DL basically stand there in a stalemate at times becuase they have no footing.   When I want to watch FOOTBALL, I want to see the best athletes do things to the limit of their abilities. I want great cutbacks.  Pinpoint throws 20+ yards downfield. I want to see a sack because the best DE made a great move and shot around the other teams best OL who didn't have the speed to cut him off.  Jumping one handed catches.  THAT is THE sport.

I sometimes find it funny when people say that 'real football' is played in bad weather.  Really?  Watching  guys slogging around 1/2 speed in mud or snow... watching passes go through guys hands because of the weather. FG's that are barely a matter of skill but turn into a guessing game for the kicker to if/where the wind gust is coming from after his foot hits the ball?  How is that more enjoyable to watch and how is that 'real football' more than watching the best athletes be able to perform in the best conditions where everyone can show of their skill to the max? 

I don't know, I guess when I say I like football, I like the running, the catching, the Athletes at their best allowing them to do those things at their very best.  Not an added random layer added on top of it that takes away from the pureness of what the sport is.

Whenever this comes up and I post something like this...I rarely get a well thought out response...I get some 'eyeroll' or 'disagree' emoji's at the bottom of my post but no one usually stands up with a well thought out response.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Taro T said:

Additionally, the Bills may get Rapp at a minimum back, maybe some others as well.

Rap was ruled out, right? But whatever the answer to that, are they able to make a change after they ruled someone out?

Edited by shrader

1 hour ago, shrader said:

Rap was ruled out, right? But whatever the answer to that, are they able to make a change after they ruled someone out?

I don't see why not. Looking at the Personnel Report Policy, I don't see anything that binds a team to being unable to use a player that has been reported Out, so long as the report itself was accurate at the time of reporting.

That said, if a single day makes a difference to whether a player would join or not, you'd think they would have been reported Doubtful instead of Out.

1 hour ago, shrader said:

He was ruled out for Sunday.  Monday is a different day.  Don't see why they'd have to be held to a decision about whether a guy would be able to go on 1 day when the game takes place on a different day.

7 hours ago, Night Train said:

Come on. I take it you're not local.

I cannot see 15 feet out my back window. Travel ban for all of Erie County. Thunder and lightning on top of the blowing snow going on right now.  In the afternoon, the snow band shifts back over the stadium. Hitting me North if Buffalo, at present. Total mess outside. 

But that's Buffalo. Way it's always been. When I was a kid we were pretty much guaranteed a snow game for a Buffalo home game at least once a season near the end of the year if not the playoffs. Same for New England. and then freezing cold Green Bay. These were football constants. 

Baseball cancels when it rains. Football plays through anything. That's the way it was and that added to it. Started going downhill the minute they built the first dome. 

I looked on weather.com. Apparently there has been 11" already in the past 24 hours with 3-5 accumulating by the end of the day, and another 16" in the next 24 hours and 18" in the next 48 hours with winds tomorrow 15-25mph for the game.

Buffalo truly needs a domed stadium. Anything else is short-sighted. 

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

They used to play football in anything. Frozen ice fields, 40 below. It was all part of playoff football. The older fans will remember the days when those fair weather California teams would have to come up to Pittsburgh or Ohio and play in frigid cold and have their ***** handed to them.  Remember 40 below Minnesota Vikings games before they built the dome? It was great! That's why defense reigned up there vs. offense in the south. It was part of the game, and they played through anything and sometimes most fans couldn't get there except for the 3 crazies who still took their shirts off. 

and it was great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

40 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

They used to play football in anything. Frozen ice fields, 40 below. It was all part of playoff football. The older fans will remember the days when those fair weather California teams would have to come up to Pittsburgh or Ohio and play in frigid cold and have their ***** handed to them.  Remember 40 below Minnesota Vikings games before they built the dome? It was great! That's why defense reigned up there vs. offense in the south. It was part of the game, and they played through anything and sometimes most fans couldn't get there except for the 3 crazies who still took their shirts off. 

This is correct LG.

A different time, a different kind of people. Not better mind you, just different.

• Agree 2

53 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Dude, almost 50 people died in Erie Co just 12 months ago in a storm similar to this.  Give it a ***** break.  It is perfectly expected to err on the side of caution so soon after this area saw almost 50 deaths in a similar storm.  Your complaint is shallow and selfish.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

That’s all well and good and I’m sure many of us have nostalgia for those games and the snow days off from school when a pickup football game was the norm. 

But no NFL game has ever been played in a blizzard. Ever. Heavy snowfalls, sure. With windy conditions, certainly. But never in a qualified meteorological blizzard, with “sustained winds or frequent gusts over 35mph and visibility of less than a quarter mile for an extended period of time (at least three hours).” 

The 1948 NFL championship game in Philly came closest with over a foot of snow fall and winds of 20mph and even though the scribes dubbed it “The Blizzard Game” as it came to be remembered, it just didn’t qualify. 

Orchard Park is currently meeting every qualification as I type this.

Edited by K-9

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

He was ruled out for Sunday.  Monday is a different day.  Don't see why they'd have to be held to a decision about whether a guy would be able to go on 1 day when the game takes place on a different day.

It’s such a rare thing to have a game postponed. I wonder if they actually have any rules/protocol for this. 

5 minutes ago, Weave said:

Dude, almost 50 people died in Erie Co just 12 months ago in a storm similar to this.  Give it a ***** break.  It is perfectly expected to err on the side of caution so soon after this area saw almost 50 deaths in a similar storm.  Your complaint is shallow and selfish.

Back in my day, players were allowed head hunt and maim, whatever they wanted to do. Expecting everyone to walk out alive and healthy… these kids today are so soft. 

Unrepentant Packers fan going to check in to the thread for a moment here because I'm not sure I'm going to be awake for the Sabres game tomorrow.

@Buffalonill High five!

AJR0.gif

And I hope the Bills do well tomorrow, too.

Back to the game.

Why are you challenging that? Just let them run the clock. And keep running them off the turf.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

You sound like a boomer.

You know they used to not let women vote and there used to be only 13 States but here we are. 

Ehs5nZkUcAI-ksF.thumb.jpg.1b2d0839882d3ddd5930dce3fb1c250f.jpg

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

That’s all well and good and I’m sure many of us have nostalgia for those games and the snow days off from school when a pickup football game was the norm. 

But no NFL game has ever been played in a blizzard. Ever. Heavy snowfalls, sure. With windy conditions, certainly. But never in a qualified meteorological blizzard, with “sustained winds or frequent gusts over 35mph and visibility of less than a quarter mile for an extended period of time (at least three hours).” 

The 1948 NFL championship game in Philly came closest with over a foot of snow fall and winds of 20mph and even though the scribes dubbed it “The Blizzard Game” as it came to be remembered, it just didn’t qualify. 

Orchard Park is currently meeting every qualification as I type this.

I'm going to go back to what I said earlier... What is the reason anybody wants to watch a game and whether like that?

You have Josh Allen, you have James Cook, you have Stefan diggs... You want to see them hindered? You want to see Allen not be able to throw the ball on target?... You don't want to see downfield plays... Cook make cuts and accelerate at full speed through the hole? I don't get it.

The game against the colts a few years ago was fun to look at for a couple of minutes, but it wasn't good football.

I'm so f****** happy right now. I don't even know what to say. Oh I know as we wanna meet the f****** Buffalo Bills in the Super Bowl. So let's make it ***** happen

P s I m ***** drunk but i'm using texting on the phone auto Typing ***** for the future so don't call mattney

Love you all, let's f****** go. Let's make this happen packers VS bills Super Bowl. Let's ***** go

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I'm going to go back to what I said earlier... What is the reason anybody wants to watch a game and whether like that?

You have Josh Allen, you have James Cook, you have Stefan diggs... You want to see them hindered? You want to see Allen not be able to throw the ball on target?... You don't want to see downfield plays... Cook make cuts and accelerate at full speed through the hole? I don't get it.

The game against the colts a few years ago was fun to look at for a couple of minutes, but it wasn't good football.

While we’d all prefer to see the great athletes on full display, I still respect that football is a game to be played in the elements. That said, playing in a blizzard, with 70k people going to and from the game, is unsafe and a recipe for disaster. It’s amazing that anyone can’t understand that. 

5 hours ago, Weave said:

is it really that bad or are you just being dramatic to make the point? 

I saw a Steelers podcast today and these guys are in an airbnb in Buffalo and they went outside to show it was about 6 inches of snow on the ground and it just looked like normal winter Buffalo. They commented that their were still cars driving around like nobody cared and they said that as a hats off to Buffalo people who know how to handle snow. 

What you describe seems dramatically different but I've seen no evidence of that on any media at this point. If you are correct, and it's truly that bad then fine, but it just didn't look that way. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

You sound like a boomer.

You know they used to not let women vote and there used to be only 13 States but here we are. 

Ehs5nZkUcAI-ksF.thumb.jpg.1b2d0839882d3ddd5930dce3fb1c250f.jpg

13 was more than enough. 

• dislike 1