Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

1 minute ago, ... said:

McDermott showing his true colors throwing one player under the bus to explain the loss during the post game. Wow. "There was some good coaching."

What ever is going on inside that locker room must be really ugly. 

What did he say?

The reality is that a team that could not stop an impotent New England offense and this Denver team from driving the length of the football field under two minutes to win games was not going to compete against KC, Baltimore or others in the playoffs, if they made it all.  Hopefully “13 seconds” and “12 men” give them enough cover to pivot on McD and this regime this offseason.  We cannot let any more years of Josh get wasted.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

Bills need a stud linebacker to lead the defense kinda like a Ray Lewis type. 

Or a Matt Milano type.  This team misses him badly.

3 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

You mean how he drove the team to the lead last time he was on the field tonight ?

We've seen this movie before.  Against the Broncos Josh should have lit them up and the game should have been over by halftime.

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

You mean how he drove the team to the lead last time he was on the field tonight ?

Yeah and they still lose. At the end of the day, it’s about wins and losses. What do you think people would say about Josh Allen’s career right now with Buffalo? Mine is he’s a good quarterback that can’t win the big games. He can’t beat Joe Burrow, he can’t beat Patrick Mahomes who I consider elite in the AFC.

5 minutes ago, Broken Ankles said:

The reality is that a team that could not stop an impotent New England offense and this Denver team from driving the length of the football field under two minutes to win games was not going to compete against KC, Baltimore or others in the playoffs, if they made it all.  Hopefully “13 seconds” and “12 men” give them enough cover to pivot on McD and this regime this offseason.  We cannot let any more years of Josh get wasted.  

^ This is spot on!

• Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ... said:

McDermott showing his true colors throwing one player under the bus to explain the loss during the post game. Wow. "There was some good coaching."

What ever is going on inside that locker room must be really ugly. 

He is defending Dorsey?  Is he nuts?

8 minutes ago, ... said:

He said many times something like "you can't give the other team the ball at the negative 41" and "holding on to the ball is in the job description ".

That is horrible.  He needs to go.

2 minutes ago, ... said:

He said many times something like "you can't give the other team the ball at the negative 41" and "holding on to the ball is in the job description ".

He’s not wrong. Maybe they need a little bus throwing under off. Josh is broken.

The season isn’t over. Let’s hope they use this like they did the Hail Murray play, and get their collective heads out of their collective ***** and start paying attention to detail. All their wounds tonight were self inflicted.

I really am still laughing. That ending was, something.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

He’s not wrong. Maybe they need a little bus throwing under off. Josh is broken.

The season isn’t over. Let’s hope they use this like they did the Hail Murray play, and get their collective heads out of their collective ***** and start paying attention to detail. All their wounds tonight were self inflicted.

So how many teams in their history have blown games like this team does? 

McDermott has to be wondering what is going on?  So many details related to game day coaching are lacking.  Too many to list.  

Can’t even get lucky and win on a missed FG, nope, too many men on the field. 

McD said afterwards that they “practiced the change from the dime defense to the FG Blocking Team”.  He said that like they did it this week.  So why were 12 guys out there?   Communication.   The details are in the communication.   Remember that the ST coach got fired for 13 seconds, apparently no one told the kicker to squib.  My youth and HS football team huddled up on kickoffs and called the play by kick and coverage.  One guy was responsible for counting the players and checking alignment.  

Unacceptable mistakes every week.  Attention to detail is lacking.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Miami will cakewalk to the division title.  We would have to win 5 of the last 7 to have a chance.  Not happening. 

Two seasons ago I might believe they had it in them to win out the rest of the season or come close. Not this year by a long shot. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

The season seemed to end on the London trip.  
injuries, the sloppy play from flying out so late in the week. 

Maybe so but it started bad on National TV MNF.  The Jets QB was injured and out on the 3rd play.  We still lost and played terrible.  

9 minutes ago, SwampD said:

They don’t have fun anymore.  Josh looks lifeless.  They team lacks spirit and hunger.  They are unprepared a lot.  Something changed in the locker room and within the once positive culture.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Bills continue to beat themselves. It's only going to get worse with that imposing schedule.

Maybe they need the beatdowns to end all the denial and excuses to change. McDermott looks badly outcoached most games.Josh is a turnover machine in a league where one score can determine the outcome.  Ball security be damned. 

Play out the schedule to see who can help going forward.  Beane and McDermott got extended and that might not have been wise. May have peaked and now a mini-rebuild coming. More of the same means .500 football.  Players may be tone deaf to McDermott, I fear. They now move to the also ran catagory and are no longer a threat.  

Glad I'm old enoough to remenber 1965 as a kid. Thought we would have more success throughout the years but here we are. I can only hope to live long enough to see another good run. 

Edited by Night Train
  • Like (+1) 1

I’m not sure if I’m rooting for the Bills to win out and squeak into the playoffs or hope they just continue to Bills themselves into a sub .500 record increasing the likelihood McDermott is fired.  I’m not sure I have enough faith in Terry or whoever hires the next coach to get it right.  Pegula brought us Ralph Krueger and Wrecks Ryan. 

• Like (+1) 2