OT: Sabres Jersey Question

LGR4GM

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I have a confession. I own a #25 Grigorenko jersey that I bought way back in 2013 because I bought allllll the hype on him. I was young, I had my first real job and I wanted a new jersey. Fast forward to now and wtf am I supposed to do with a Grigorenko jersey?

My question is does anyone know of a place that could replace the nameplate with Power keeping in mind the nameplate would have to be Navy not Royal due to the 2013 purchase of said jersey. 

Please let me know and sorry if this is too off topic. 

I was on the hypetrain too, luckily I live by one rule, never buy a jersey with a players name on the back 😄

34 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I was on the hypetrain too, luckily I live by one rule, never buy a jersey with a players name on the back 😄

Awhile back the idea of having a young mans name on my back just felt weird.  Since then the only jerseys I will consider are historical ones (players from my youth) or obscure ones.  

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Im not allowed to buy current Buffalo Sabres' jerseys.

Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

I tend to have one current Sabres jersey.  When that player leaves I eventually get one by another player, but there are gaps.  I have a Perreault (bought long after he hung up the skates), a Stafford Slug, a Reino and a Tage.  I wore the Sluggo to last year's game in Dallas.

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

a Perreault slug

i just threw up in my mouth a little bit GIF by chuber channel

45 minutes ago, Weave said:

Awhile back the idea of having a young mans name on my back just felt weird.  Since then the only jerseys I will consider are historical ones (players from my youth) or obscure ones.  

Yea I am in this boat I think too. The more I think about it the more I want like a Pominville or a Biron or Dumont, someone like that. 

6 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I say you wear that thing proudly and don’t change a thing. 

I agree. I have a friend who is a Devils fan and only has obscure jerseys. He kinda scoffs at the people with Broduer (or the like) jerseys, "Huh, really went out on a limb with that one." 😂

I have never bought a jersey. 

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I agree. I have a friend who is a Devils fan and only has obscure jerseys. He kinda scoffs at the people with Broduer (or the like) jerseys, "Huh, really went out on a limb with that one." 😂

I have never bought a jersey. 

But IF you were a Joisey Devils fan, AND you owned one of those black 3rd "Jersey" jerseys would you also buy the matching "Hat" hat?

Am SERIOUSLY considering getting one of those hats even though do not like the Devils just because they are SOOOOOO stupid, they're awesome.

Edited by Taro T

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

But IF you were a Joisey Devils fan, AND you owned one of those black 3rd "Jersey" jerseys would you also buy the matching "Hat" hat?

Am SERIOUSLY considering getting one of those hats even though do not like the Devils just because they are SOOOOOO stupid, they're awesome.

I bet Puddy has one

seinfeld devils GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

I genuinely do not know what you are talking about.

10 hours ago, SwampD said:

I genuinely do not know what you are talking about.

Joisey's 3rds this year are black w/ a couple of pairs of white piping near the top & bottom of the shirt and no logo but a script "Jersey" in big white letters.

At the All Star Game, saw a Joisey fan wearing that jersey along with a black baseball cap using the same font spelling out "Hat."  A very small white Devils logo was on the back of the cap.  It was extremely sad but yet also genius at the same time.

• Like (+1) 1

@LGR4GM

1. Do what you want.  Be happy.
  2. Know that a Grigorenko jersey is a monument to you enduring the great suffering and wearing it gains you immense street cred and ironic/tragic humor.  Consider rocking the ***** out of it; it'd be well received.
  3. Also know that putting Power's name on a navy jersey is technically a jersey foul, as he never wore navy.
  4. More importantly, see #1.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/9/2023 at 10:45 AM, Porous Five Hole said:

I say you wear that thing proudly and don’t change a thing. 

Yes. 

On 2/9/2023 at 10:58 AM, sabills said:

I just want to posit that a Grigorenko jersey is actually amazing and you should just wear that ***** with pride, lol. But I love having the random people everyone forgets about.

Agreed. 

I would stick with your original decision on the jersey. It is a part of your history with the team. Personally, I love seeing other fans with less common jerseys. Part of me sulks when I go to Bills games in my Allen jersey, and I see 40,000 other people wearing one too, and makes me wish I was wearing a Smerlas or Morse instead. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.