Sabres Trade Deadline 2023 Discussion

GASabresIUFAN

Playoff contention - What position(s) should KA upgrade for the playoff push?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Playoff contention - What position(s) should KA upgrade without hurting the team long-term

• Goaltender - We need another goalie, I'm not comfortable with UPL, Comrie and Andy for the playoffs
    • 2nd pair Defense - Jokiharju needs to be upgraded
    • 3rd pair Defense - Bryson needs to be upgraded
    • Defense depth - I want someone better than Clague in the 7th D slot
    • Forward depth - We need a better 13th forward than Vinnie or Asplund
    • Scoring Depth - Upgrade one of Mitts or VO now. Don't wait until the off-season
    • 4th line - As much as I like KO and Z, we need more grit and more production from the 4th line
  2. 2. How many deals will KA complete by the trade deadline

• 0 - KA won't spend any assets to help this team
    • 1 or 2 - KA will utilize our cap space to help other deals get done, but won't acquire any help at the deadline
    • 1 or 2 - KA will acquire some D help at the deadline.
    • 3 or 4 - KA will acquire D help and will also pick up assets using our cap space to help others get deals done
    • 5 or more - KA is going to bolster the Sabres and the Amerks.

This poll is closed to new votes

36 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

@dudacek and @Thorny  of your list of teams that are going to regret their actions this week, I think the Rags and Leafs are two that will regret it.  Bos is having a surprise season their top forwards, Bergeron, Marchand and Krejci, are very close to the end of their careers.  They are trying to strike while the iron is hot.  TB also.  They've won their Cups are trying to squeeze the last juice out of the orange.  The NYR I don't understand.  They are a young team built now, but also for the next decade.  They are going to regret losing so much capital.  I do love watching Tor flail away.  They are so desperate to make a run they'll do anything and "sadly" I doubt it helps.  

Toronto is doing this because Dubas is in the hot seat and he knows it. If they bust in the first round again I don't see a new contract going his way. I also think Toronto is just assuming Auston Matthews hits the free agency after next season. 

The Rags make no sense except there might be something behind the scenes similar to Toronto that we're not privy to.

Boston is the prime example of going all in because it's probably the last chance before going through an offensive retool. I don't see them in full rebuild stage because the defensive group will remain the same (Carlo, McAvoy and Lindholm are all signed for 4+ more seasons) and they have Ullmark for another 2--plus Swayman is an RFA. They'll be able to get talent in the FA since it's still a destination players want to go because team culture. The only way they fall off a cliff is if Pasta walks into free agency. 

Tampa is similar to Boston considering expiring contracts and aging players, but they're definitely not at the Boston stage yet. They have Vasi, Point, and Kucherov signed from now until forever and extended Cirelli, Cernak, and Sergachev. Not to mention two more years of Hedman. Plus it's going to continue to be an attractive player destination in FA. Also we can't forget they have Tanner Jeannot now...

• Agree 1

Just now, Carmel Corn said:

So we lost Chychrun....who is left out there as a trade acquisition that can help us before the deadline now?   Can Asplund play defense?

We didn’t lose chychrun - based on the return ARI received we apparently didn’t try to trade for Chuchrun. At least we got Adam’s friends kid, who would be good in the EHL maybe even the AHL

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/1/2023 at 10:41 AM, Pimlach said:

Ok Gents, I am going out now to play 18 holes.  After that a few beers and a burger.  I'll be back in 6 hours to read about the great trade Adams made to help the team right now, while not hurting the future.  Can't wait.  

Hideki Matsuyama Golf GIFHungry Summer GIF by Budweiser

Ok all.   

I shot a 90 in 18 holes in late winter conditions.  I did much more than Kevyn Adams did today.  He did nothing.  

I am not happy that the team has over achieved but the front office, meaning Adams, is not helping to make this playoff push succeed. 

Since Adams is not working to make the team better he should stop writing letters and communicating false hope to the fans, and stop getting star players to write letters.  

Just get better players and win more games Kevyn, no need to communicate.  Your actions are speaking volumes.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

With less than 2 days remaining there's fair possibility of something happening.

Although, it's hard to tell if the Sabres are buyers or sellers at this point after their recent moves  One would think it'd be obvious with their performance so far they are not sellers. 

Edited by SabresVet

Schenn

Chychrun

Jensen

Hronek

Gostisbehere

Gavirkov

Ekholm

Barrie

Sandin

Gustafsson

McCabe

Jack Johnson

Orlov

Zaitsev

Mikkola

Megna

Stillman to Buffalo for depth purposes only (I hope)

These are the D that have already changed teams (or re-signed in Jensen's case).  I'm not saying all of them would have improved our team, but many would have.

So who is left?

Klingberg

Krug

Parayko

Edmundson (hard pass)

Kulikov (hard pass)

Dumba

Fabbro

Provorov

Justin Holl

Justin Braun

Eric Karlsson

Soucy

Shattenkirk

(List courtesy of thefourthperiod.com)

62a8b9c3-2ccd-4f50-9fc7-18681c0cc075_text.gif.61eae9a17c83a3b20a17019f3f686e55.gif

13 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Schenn

Chychrun

Jensen

Hronek

Gostisbehere

Gavirkov

Ekholm

Barrie

Sandin

Gustafsson

McCabe

Jack Johnson

Orlov

Zaitsev

Mikkola

Megna

These are the D that have already changed teams (or re-signed in Jensen's case).  I'm not saying all of them would have improved our team, but many would have.

So who is left?

Klingberg

Krug

Parayko

Edmundson (hard pass)

Kulikov (hard pass)

Dumba

Fabbro

Provorov

Justin Holl

Justin Braun

Eric Karlsson

Soucy

Shattenkirk

JUST IN!!!

Why here's Adam's and his staff reviewing that list now.....

Edited by Scottysabres

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Schenn

Chychrun

Jensen

Hronek

Gostisbehere

Gavirkov

Ekholm

Barrie

Sandin

Gustafsson

McCabe

Jack Johnson

Orlov

Zaitsev

Mikkola

Megna

So who is left?

Klingberg - he’s a train wreck 

Krug - maybe?

Parayko - far to long contract with age 

Edmundson (hard pass) - agree

Kulikov (hard pass) - agree

Dumba - if cheap maybe

Fabbro - depends

Provorov - too moody and controversial

Justin Holl - no interest in helping the leafs

Justin Braun - depth sure

Eric Karlsson - hell no

Soucy - doubt is available 

Shattenkirk - doesn’t fit our needs

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SabresVet said:

With less than 2 days remaining there's fair possibility of something happening.

Although, it's hard to tell if the Sabres are buyers or sellers at this point after their recent moves  One would think it'd be obvious with their performance so far they are not sellers. 

Don't think too much about it. i can assure you, the Sabres are NOT sellers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.