GDT: Wild @ Sabres, 1/7/2023, 7pm, MSG 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

• LGR4GM changed the title to GDT: Wild @ Sabres, 1/7/2023, 7pm, MSG 📺 WGR 📻
6 minutes ago, Derrico said:

I’ve been in Florida for a month and haven’t been able to watch a game for awhile.  Flying back today and can’t waaaaaaait to watch tonight!  Let’s go Buffalo!!

I have gotten the same sense of anticipation for Sabre games. The Sabres are a competitive and entertaining team. Even against the elite teams, there is no expectation that this team is incapable of winning. 

I don't want to get carried away but based on what I have seen this year, this team is one year ahead of where I expected this team to be this season. What I have observed over the past 20 games or so is that when this team gets credible goaltending, it is a good team. (And we have been getting it in this latest stretch of games.) Without question this is still an incomplete team because of the deficiencies on the lower backend; but steadily deficiencies are being addressed. 

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

Didn’t he gave 2 last year/

Damn !!

Forgot about his 9 game stint last year.

Maybe he did score 2 last year.  I'm not gonna look it up ... you look it up ... I'm not going to look it up ... hey, let's get Mikey ... he won't look it up .. he hates everything ... 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Damn !!

Forgot about his 9 game stint last year.

Maybe he did score 2 last year.  I'm not gonna look it up ... you look it up ... I'm not going to look it up ... hey, let's get Mikey ... he won't look it up .. he hates everything ... 

Sorry.  Go Sabres, Go Bills, Go Dawgs!

• Like (+1) 1

This 13 game in 21 day stretch starts with MIN and WPG at home concludes at WPG and at MIN to close out January. In between are a ton of winnable games based on how the Sabres have been playing. (And Seattle, which has proven so far to be a horrible matchup for the Sabres... but the Kraken have never faced Samuelsson.) Split with MIN and WPG at worst, and keep skating fast every night. Get the JJP-Cozens-Quinn line going again. Keep the goaltending average to above and this could be really fun in February.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

MAF in net for the Wild tonight 

^ This is good. Gustavsson has been playing recent-Luukkonen-level for them and has earned their home game tomorrow night. The Wild have a really odd scheduling quirk this week --- today at BUF, tomorrow home STL, then right back east at NYR and NYI. The STL doesn't appear to be a make-up game, but it is an oddity.

Zuccarello is day-to-day. If he's out or slowed significantly that's an enormous plus for the Sabres.

The Wild are just as hot as the Sabres. 15-5 in their last 20.

This should be a ton of fun. Keep playing fast -- don't let Krebs get into any theatrics with Foligno, Reaves, Dumba, or Middleton. Just skate around them.

Stay away from Reavo.  He will murder anyone on our team.  Dahlin especially.  Don't F with this guy.  

Outscore Kaprizov.  Highly unlikely we keep him off the board.  He is as legit as they come.

Come out fast and blitz them.  It's about a sell out tonight.  Feed off of that, and get two early goals.  Get the Wild chasing the game, and don't let them settle into their game.  

6 - 4 Sabres.

Tage, Dahlin, Skinner, Cozens, Krebs, Skinner

As much as I would like to see them score 6 again tonight I've got a bold prediction.  Sabres will score 7!!  MAF pulled half through 2nd after giving up 5th goal.

Sabres win 7-4!

Skinner, Mitts, Power, Oloffson, Thompson, JJP and Jost with goals.

Edited by sweetlou
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.