GDT: Wild @ Sabres, 1/7/2023, 7pm, MSG 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

10 hours ago, dudacek said:

Donnie started out his tenure talking about how talented these kids were and how much they cared about each other when there wasn’t a lot of evidence to support it. We found out he was right.

Donnie talked about how he wasn’t going to teach these guys how to play safe, he was going to teach these guys offence. We are now the most explosive team in hockey.

Donnie has more recently been talking a lot about not focusing on what could or has gone wrong and fighting to not lose, but focusing on what you can do right in order to help the team win. Three blown leads tied up late and won in overtime, against 3 of the hottest teams in the NHL.

The guy walks the talk more than any coach I can remember.

This team is reflection of its leader.

I had always hoped that most teams would take this approach. The ownership owes it to the league and fans to put on the most entertaining team possible with winning always being the ultimate goal.  KA and Granato have done that.

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Quinn and Peterka with about 9 min of toi last night. 

That's about all they deserve lately. Both in a big slump.

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Quinn and Peterka with about 9 min of toi last night. 

Nine min? Yikes.  Do you send down one of these waiver exempt players for space for Comrie? 

Say JJP for a week on the farm, then Quinn for a week on the farm. 

That buys a couple of weeks to figure out what to do with UPL & react to any injuries. 

Krebs or Mitts have each had a good week and slot into their role.  

19 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I just wish they wouldn't make it so hard on themselves to put games away. I just think eventually that tends to wear you down mentally and emotionally. But they are young and have a lot of jam so maybe they are more capable of weathering it than an older team of vets.

I think that rather than wear this group down, it has built them up and given them reason to believe they can overcome any adversity.

57 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Nine min? Yikes.  Do you send down one of these waiver exempt players for space for Comrie? 

Say JJP for a week on the farm, then Quinn for a week on the farm. 

That buys a couple of weeks to figure out what to do with UPL & react to any injuries. 

Krebs or Mitts have each had a good week and slot into their role.  

No 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

I think that rather than wear this group down, it has built them up and given them reason to believe they can overcome any adversity.

I agree it's great they showed they can do it, but it's also great to not need to every time they go into the 3rd with a 2+ goal lead. UPL starting to fade under heavy usage 

Edited by matter2003

6 hours ago, Pimlach said:

You can do better. 

Why? I don’t have to.

I really like MAF. I think he is an incredible goalie and always has been. I’ve had to defend him to NYC Ranger fan, Francophobe morons forever, but either play or don’t play.

It sucks that he may have had personal issues that effected his game. If he did, then he shouldn’t have played. If he had won that game, he would have said that his personal issues are what propelled him to victory. I don’t wish personal issues on anyone, but you can’t have it both ways.

We won, so suck it Flower.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.