GDT - Sabres @ Vegas - December 19, 2022 - 10:00 PM (EST) - MSG and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Again...I HATE how they play 3rd periods with big leads...hanging on for dear life.

Same as Colorado. It was the altitude there. Tonight it's probably they were tired at the end of a road trip...

I don't care. They have to be better than this crap.

Thankfully found a way to win and UPL stole the game for them. Get the hell out of Dodge and get back home.

I think that was a case (as with EDM early in the season) of the other team throwing EVERYTHING THEY HAVE at the Sabres to try to tie it up.

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

You are on my idiotic post list.   

Why? He had a poor shift and made a couple weak plays on the puck. And that was before his extended shift at the end. Not saying he had a poor game, just a couple lazy plays in the third. 

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Why? He had a poor shift and made a couple weak plays on the puck. And that was before his extended shift at the end. Not saying he had a poor game, just a couple lazy plays in the third. 

Lazy????  The kid has been playing almost 30 mins a night for the last week.  I seriously doubt there is any laziness to his game 

• Thanks (+1) 2

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

I thought Dahlin looked tired tonight   However, what a warrior playing the last 3 minutes straight 

rest up Dahls , one more game and get a nice break over Christmas 

Hoping they don't have the typical return from a road trip hangover.   Having 3 days w/ no games should help.  Normally it seems they have a single day off before starting the home stand.

Could see Power back too, maybe?

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I think that was a case (as with EDM early in the season) of the other team throwing EVERYTHING THEY HAVE at the Sabres to try to tie it up.

Then they have to have a better answer than all 5 guys in the D zone and just flip the puck down the ice so the opponent can just come at them again or get an icing.

Make the other team pay for it with odd man rushes and counters going the other way.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Taro T said:

Hoping they don't have the typical return from a road trip hangover.   Having 3 days w/ no games should help.  Normally it seems they have a single day off before starting the home stand.

Could see Power back too, maybe?

Definitely need Power back, though Credit to Pilut. He had a really good game tonight.    

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

Lazy????  The kid has been playing almost 30 mins a night for the last week.  I seriously doubt there is any laziness to his game 

No need to belabor the point. Let's move on. But just to be clear, there is no bigger fan of Dahlin than I am. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.