GDT - Sabres @ Vegas - December 19, 2022 - 10:00 PM (EST) - MSG and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

Just now, thewookie1 said:

I can promise you that it isn't laziness in the slightest; it's exhaustion. 

Yes, in the final three minutes. I was commenting on a couple unDahlin like plays earlier than that. I know exhaustion when I see it and he and Mule should be commended for their sheer will to gut out those last three minutes. Let's move on. 

Just now, Crusader1969 said:

Definitely need Power back, though Credit to Pilut. He had a really good game tonight.    

Wouldn't go that far.  He still had issues in his own end and setting up rushes against.  But it was nice to see him get the VERY 2ndary assist on the 1st goal & the game winner.  If Power is ready Friday it could be a while before he gets another opportunity.

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Then they have to have a better answer than all 5 guys in the D zone and just flip the puck down the ice so the opponent can just come at them again or get an icing.

Make the other team pay for it with odd man rushes and counters going the other way.

I don't disagree, but let's take a moment to reflect on how nice it is to again have a team where this has become necessary on the regular. So, now we finally have a team that is competitive. It's a fragile state but there none-the-less.  It took too long to get here.

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

What is it that allows this Alamo type of one-sided onslaughts in the 3rd? Conversely, we've also seen the Sabres win going away, so it's not like this always happens. But when it does, why?

Um …. The opposing team pushes back. And hard? Which is not uncommon IMO.

4 points out of the last WC spot with a game in hand.  So close.  Keep pressin' boys.

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Or altitude in Colorado...or any other time they have big leads...always some reason.

Bottom line is they need to stop playing the NHL version of prevent defense in the NFL because usually it prevents you from winning.

Not the last 4 games it hasn't....

So keep in mind that when you’re trying to gain points you still have to earn the normal points you need to be winning.

So if you need to get six points out of every ten, or win three games out of every five, to maintain a 98 point pace  - that means we are still a five game win streak away from getting back on the 98 point pace line despite only being four points off the pace. 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.