Tage Thompson is a super star

Buffalonill

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

So I’m surrounded by leaf fans here in Burlington (half an hour outside Toronto).  
they scoff at me when I say “ Right now, Tage is the best player born in Arizona”. 
Of course they have 60 goals and the heart to fall back on but I believe Tage is having a better season 

they always argue. “ sure but no gm would trade Matthews for Tage straight up” 

I say , a smart GM would.  2 years of Matthews at $11 mill vs $7 mill for 7 years for Tage

what do you think.  Is there anyone who would trade for Matthews right now if the cost was Tage?

No !!  A thousand time no ...

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I don’t want a pedo looking weirdo as the face of the franchise 

I guess that's another no from Inky.

5 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Tuch-Thompson-Skinner line is 5th in goals as a line in the NHL

QPC Home Shopping Network Line is 19th as a line in the NHL...

That is pretty freaking good...2 of the top 20 lines in the NHL.

image.thumb.png.fdea9e7638ea2674a6974d1531f3507a.png

Confused Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

10 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Tuch-Thompson-Skinner line is 5th in goals as a line in the NHL

QPC Home Shopping Network Line is 19th as a line in the NHL...

That is pretty freaking good...2 of the top 20 lines in the NHL.

image.thumb.png.fdea9e7638ea2674a6974d1531f3507a.png

One of WGR Producers referred to the Cozens Line as the Legion of Zoom, I kinda of like it 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Tage leads the NHL in goals/60 minutes over the last 82 games(a full NHL season). Matthews is 2nd. Tage is also a better passer, and the more complete player as he averages 1:05 a night on the PK whereas Matthews doesn't play on the PK at all.

The question is if the PK is a coach thing. If this trade were made, would Granato put Matthews on the PK. Is Tage particularly adept at it (his reach and size would be helpful), or is his time an artifact of (I believe) Granato's "put firepower on the PK to make the other team hesitate" style?

2 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

One of WGR Producers referred to the Cozens Line as the Legion of Zoom, I kinda of like it 

I dunno, I like the name in a bubble, but it feels a bit "Philly is rent-free in our heads" in context.

43 minutes ago, MattPie said:

The question is if the PK is a coach thing. If this trade were made, would Granato put Matthews on the PK. Is Tage particularly adept at it (his reach and size would be helpful), or is his time an artifact of (I believe) Granato's "put firepower on the PK to make the other team hesitate" style?

I dunno, I like the name in a bubble, but it feels a bit "Philly is rent-free in our heads" in context.

Philly hasn’t lived rent free anywhere for last 20 years 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Its like watching a recarnation of mario lemieux

There are similarities.

Tage has the size to shield the puck and the hands to make guys look silly. His one timer is elite while the wrist shot picks corners like Mario.

Lemieux was a better passer and was able to win big games in the playoffs and internationally with key plays.

Tage isn’t getting abused like Lemieux so his durability may be better.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

One thing about Eichel is Cassidy has really upped His Defensive Play. 

Tage is improving in his own zone, but that's the next stage of progression. Winning d-zone faceoffs so that we have fewer 3rd periods like last night, better defensive positioning and taking away space intuitively. We need to remember that Tage is only 100 games into playing center at the NHL level... even middling defense will turn him into a an absolute stud 1st/2nd liner tandem with Cozens. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1