OT: Weather (just weather)

JJFIVEOH

21 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

And let's not forget 1987, when on this date, a tornado hit Cheektowaga.  It missed the house I grew up in by a couple blocks.

Passed about 100yds in front of me.  I was driving home from work on Union Rd. when it went by.  Didn't actually see a funnel though.  Just tons of debris flying around.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Passed about 100yds in front of me.  I was driving home from work on Union Rd. when it went by.  Didn't actually see a funnel though.  Just tons of debris flying around.

The tornado that hit the van I was in once when I was younger looked like that. Rain, rain, suddenly nothing, then just a wall of flying dirt and we were sort of airborne. Some of them are pretty amazing looking if you're far enough away to really see the structure, though. 

3 hours ago, Weave said:

My brother was working at Town & Country Restaurant.  They were watching the tornado and saw the Holiday Showcase go *poof* in a cloud of debris.

8 hours ago, Doohickie said:

My brother was working at Town & Country Restaurant.  They were watching the tornado and saw the Holiday Showcase go *poof* in a cloud of debris.

Was your brother working at Town and Country when a guy with a shotgun was in the parking lot threatening to shoot up everything/everyone ovet a dispute with his landlord?  It was the same year I think.

I got caught in the intersection for that one too.  Absolutely chilling to be trapped in gridlock with a guy waving a shotgun all over the place.

No tornadoes, but back in late August of '92 we got hit by a waterspout while fishing 3 miles out in Lake Ontario ........ that was exciting. Scared the crap out of everyone on board to the point that we quit for the day...... Spent the afternoon cleaning up crap.

9 hours ago, Weave said:

Was your brother working at Town and Country when a guy with a shotgun was in the parking lot threatening to shoot up everything/everyone ovet a dispute with his landlord?  It was the same year I think.

I got caught in the intersection for that one too.  Absolutely chilling to be trapped in gridlock with a guy waving a shotgun all over the place.

Speaking of which.... that was where my First Communion Party was, ca. 1970.

It's still stinking hot and humid here, with no end in sight.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/hourly-weather-forecast/nova-scotia/bedford?wx_auto_reload=

I have never seen anything like this in the 20 years we have lived in NS.  We get a day, or two, like this each summer.  Not a month and counting.

3 hours ago, N S said:

It's still stinking hot and humid here, with no end in sight.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/hourly-weather-forecast/nova-scotia/bedford?wx_auto_reload=

I have never seen anything like this in the 20 years we have lived in NS.  We get a day, or two, like this each summer.  Not a month and counting.

138 days until winter.

52 minutes ago, N S said:

I am on the countdown to fall.  My favourite time of year and is about 7 weeks away.

I do love me some fall. I just hate highschool football season. But that's my problem for buying a house with a football stadium for a back yard. 

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

*comes in to poo-poo N S's weather complaining*
*does the conversion to Farenheit*

HOLY ####, NS.  THAT'S HOT!

I know it's hot cuz we have the same heat index (humidex) here in Ft Worth!

The humidex reached 42 in Bedford (where we live ... about 15 KM, or 10 miles, from downtown Halifax) this afternoon at 3:00 PM.  That's 108 for you yanks.  This has been going on for 2 weeks, with no real end in sight.  Never has been like this for such an extended period in NS.  We normally get a day, or 2, like this each summer.

Edited by N S

20 hours ago, N S said:

The humidex reached 42 in Bedford (where we live ... about 15 KM, or 10 miles, from downtown Halifax) this afternoon at 3:00 PM.  That's 108 for you yanks.  This has been going on for 2 weeks, with no real end in sight.  Never has been like this for such an extended period in NS.  We normally get a day, or 2, like this each summer.

0511e84b5a80378604070fa2c09338e0d797d4.j