GDT: Chicago at Buffalo, 10/29/22, 7pm, MSG, WGR, and your favorite illegal streaming option.

Eleven

58 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

We lost to Montreal because they got 2 lucky goals off deflections while we hit posts or watched shot barely dribble wide, or saw stuff pinball around. You want to argue we don't get to rebounds fine, that's reality. You want to argue the Montreal Canadiens somehow outplayed us using some magical game plan you think exists, no. We played well, and lost. It happens every 82 game season to every team. 

I agree with this, which is why we should not get too excited over 1 or 2 wins or too down over 1 or 2 losses.  On balance, we probably deserved a better fate in our loss to MTL and we were fortunate to come out of Alberta with 2 wins. 

The season-sample-size is too small to draw conclusions yet.  That goes for the team in general and for the performance of any one or two players. 

• Like (+1) 1

*Disclaimer about thread title:  Sabrespace does not encourage or condone illegal activity.  Offer void in Alaska and Hawaii.  Do not attempt at home.  Professional driver on a closed course.  Does not include tax, title or destination charge.  Do not use Sabrespace if you're allergic to any of its ingredients; side effects may include heart attack, stroke, blindness or death.

Must Win.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Sabres sit tied for the final wild card spot in the east currently (ya, I look already)

Gotta get the dub after dropping the last 2

- - - 

Dahlin enters into the game leading the team in points w/9

Tuch Leads in goals w/6

Hinostroza the high water mark in apples w/5

The starter, Craig Anderson, comes in topping Comrie in GAA at 1.00 (3.41, in sv% .970 (.909) and in record at 2-0 (2-3)

- - - 

Samuelsson (5gp) and Fitzgerald (4gp) remain the only Sabres to not log points yet this season

Edited by Thorny

22 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Allegedly, there is a set rotation without injuries.  Not my choice.

The system behind the process appears to be clear, and noted. 

My contention would be with A) sticking to a determination you made, before the arrival of context, than the removed player should ALWAYS sit 2 games and, more importantly, B) the personnel they've elected to include in that process

Well, I thought Quinn had his best showing of the season vs the Habs, so perhaps there's hope for Mitts' line.  It just seems way too easy for the other team vs that line to get possession away from them and move it out of the D zone though.

Small sample size, but the goalies' W/L records are kinda interesting and reminiscent of last season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.