GDT: Carolina at Buffalo 10/4/22 7pm. MSG, WGR

Brawndo

Overall a good game against a non NHL roster. A hiccup in the 3rd period but some adversity is good.

Power is tremendous. Him and Lyubushkin are huge upgrades for the season.

There is a lot of speed and skill up front.

The key this season will be if Anderson/Comrie/UPL can give them consistent NHL level goaltending.

I have no idea how the season will go but I know it will be fun to watch this team play this season.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

I’ve really had enough of Hamilton for the rest of my life.  His player interviews are boring, out of place and not based on any facts at all.  It’s ***** God awful.  

NEEDS TO GO TO ROCHESTER. 

And Dunleavy is even worse. Can we please for the love of God have a new voice of the Sabres

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2

3 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Overall a good game against a non NHL roster. A hiccup in the 3rd period but some adversity is good.

Power is tremendous. Him and Lyubushkin are huge upgrades for the season.

There is a lot of speed and skill up front.

The key this season will be if Anderson/Comrie/UPL can give them consistent NHL level goaltending.

I have no idea how the season will go but I know it will be fun to watch this team play this season.

They should have scored 7-8 goals.  Tage was too cute with the puck before he scored.  Could have had an actual hat trick instead of the vaunted “Gordie Howe” hat trick.  The whole team took their foot off the gas in the 2nd and flat out stopped trying until it was 3-2 in the third. It’s preseason but the third period left a seriously bad taste in my mouth. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Cozens is playing like he is on a mission. Lybushkin is not a flashy player but he is gritty defenseman who is tough and smart. He's a great addition. 

Powers is going to be one of our anchor players. I am pleasantly surprised at how good offensively he is. He repeatedly gets low in the offensive zone and doesn't seem to get caught in a vulnerable position. He's smart, tough and has so much more upside. 

Hinostrosa is a versatile player who can play on any line and never be a liability. 

Tage is one of our star players that other teams have to prepare for. 

The Sabres are an entertaining team to watch. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, inkman said:

I’ve really had enough of Hamilton for the rest of my life.  His player interviews are boring, out of place and not based on any facts at all.  It’s ***** God awful.  

NEEDS TO GO TO ROCHESTER. 

The look on his face after scoring the EN goal kind of told the story of his game tonight.

I'd still like him to be up with the Sabres for two reasons:

1. I'd like him practicing against NHL'ers. I think he can learn more from this than being in the AHL, even if he has to sit a game once in a while.

2. Having him in Roch increases the chance we'll see Bjork in the lineup. PLEASE- no more Bjork. 

it's oh so quiet post GIF

Edit: inky said JJP should go to Roch, but the quotes were lost.

Edited by JoeSchmoe

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Lybushkin is not a flashy player but he is gritty defenseman who is tough and smart.

I wasn’t the biggest fan of his signing, frankly, but I now think he filled a void at an appropriate price tag and I’m happy with it. Of course, we’ll see how the regular season goes, but I’m more than happy to say I underestimated him or how he would mesh with our roster. GMKA may have hit the nail on the head with his signing.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Montreal and Ottawa are playing 8 preseason games. I thought everyone played the same amount. I think 8 is too many.

I seem to remember the Sabres playing as few as 4.

2 hours ago, inkman said:

It’s preseason but the third period left a seriously bad taste in my mouth. 

Kind of salty?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Lybushkin is not a flashy player but he is gritty defenseman who is tough and smart. He's a great addition.

I'm starting to have a mancrush on Booshy.  It's been ages since we've had someone who knew how to clear the net front.  I mentioned it during the game but there was a point in the third period were he lost the puck in his skates right in front of Anderson.  Rather than look around for the puck, he smacked the nearest Hurricanes player and knocked him off his pins.

I think Tage has been unleashed and is unhinged, and in a good way.  He's in a position where anything he can do to help the team, he does.  He's apparently worked on his first two strides because he was cleanly skating past other players, not just on his goal but on other rushes and just as importantly on the backcheck.  It's a long season but I up what he's been doing so far in the preseason is habit forming and inspires the rest of the team.

• Like (+1) 5

22 minutes ago, RochesterExpat said:

I wasn’t the biggest fan of his signing, frankly, but I now think he filled a void at an appropriate price tag and I’m happy with it. Of course, we’ll see how the regular season goes, but I’m more than happy to say I underestimated him or how he would mesh with our roster. GMKA may have hit the nail on the head with his signing.

I just remember that when the Sabres played TO last year, Booshy was the only Leafs Dman that actually defended worth a damn.

I hope Power and Muel learn a thing or two from him.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I'm starting to have a mancrush on Booshy.  It's been ages since we've had someone who knew how to clear the net front.  I mentioned it during the game but there was a point in the third period were he lost the puck in his skates right in front of Anderson.  Rather than look around for the puck, he smacked the nearest Hurricanes player and knocked him off his pins.

I think Tage has been unleashed and is unhinged, and in a good way.  He's in a position where anything he can do to help the team, he does.  He's apparently worked on his first two strides because he was cleanly skating past other players, not just on his goal but on other rushes and just as importantly on the backcheck.  It's a long season but I up what he's been doing so far in the preseason is habit forming and inspires the rest of the team.

On that goal he turned on the jets and blew by the defenders. That was impressive. You also make a keen observation about his backchecking. He's a very a responsible defender. When your best goal scorer plays diligently on both ends of the ice it says a lot about the player and his willingness to lead. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

On that goal he turned on the jets and blew by the defenders. That was impressive. You also make a keen observation about his backchecking. He's a very a responsible defender. When your best goal scorer plays diligently on both ends of the ice it says a lot about the player and his willingness to lead. 

I bought a Tage jersey at the end of last season, the first active Sabres jersey I've had since Reino left.  I'm pretty happy with my purchase so far.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I bought a Tage jersey at the end of last season, the first active Sabres jersey I've had since Reino left.  I'm pretty happy with my purchase so far.

You demonstrated that you were ahead of the curve. Because he has such a wicked shot he has become a player when he has the puck on his stick in he becomes the focus of one's attention. Dahlin and the emerging Power also have that quality to grab your attention.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.