GDT: Carolina at Buffalo 10/4/22 7pm. MSG, WGR

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

So Bjork and VO out at forward for tonight and Pilut in as the 7th D.  Comrie also not dressing.  Should we reading anything into this.  Isn't it kind of about time that Comrie plays behind the actually starting D in a game?

It’s exhibition preseason. I personally don’t read anything good or bad into lineups or scores now. It’s unnecessary IMO. There are more exhibition games after this one.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

It’s exhibition preseason. I personally don’t read anything good or bad into lineups or scores now. It’s unnecessary IMO. There are more exhibition games after this one.

One more. Comrie should get the start.

Sounded like Anderson got a say in when/where he played for the final 2 games.

Curious to see whether he plays the full game or whether UPL gets some time and another shot.

Kinda doubt it. 

Granato certainly sounded like a coach who had his entire roster pencilled in a month ago.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

So Bjork and VO out at forward for tonight and Pilut in as the 7th D.  Comrie also not dressing.  Should we reading anything into this.  Isn't it kind of about time that Comrie plays behind the actually starting D in a game?

So, for the forwards, the only difference from opening night is a swap of VO & on Sheahan?

Edited by Mustache of God

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

One more. Comrie should get the start.

Sounded like Anderson got a say in when/where he played for the final 2 games.

Curious to see whether he plays the full game or whether UPL gets some time and another shot.

Kinda doubt it. 

Granato certainly sounded like a coach who had his entire roster pencilled in a month ago.

?

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The game is on MSG but not on ESPN+ so out of town fans can go pound sand.

It's also on NHL Network:

image.thumb.png.6a8052c55fa5f2d7f9b79e2c1373b1f0.png

(note:  Central Time shown)

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Any word on why Olofsson is getting the night off?  Hadn't heard of any injury.

It's pre-freakin' season.  Don' worry about it.

1 minute ago, Brawndo said:

Glad to see Power has supplanted Joki on PP2. That seemed a no-brainer.

Pretty sure VO will slide into his normal spot on the right wall there, pushing Krebs to the opposite side and Quinn down low.

Although it's entirely possible Quinn stays where he is, because he shone in that spot in Rochester. It's just that Krebs/Cozens/Olofsson has been very effective across the mid-zone.

And yes, I am reading into the lines for preseason. Donnie made it pretty clear the last two games were regular season tune-ups.

14 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

It's also on NHL Network:

image.thumb.png.6a8052c55fa5f2d7f9b79e2c1373b1f0.png

(note:  Central Time shown)

It's pre-freakin' season.  Don' worry about it.

Not worried about it.  Just curious as to whether it's due to an injury/illness or just wanting to give Hinostroza a tune up before riding the pine until somebody is injured or plays their way out of the lineup.

• Like (+1) 1

Whoops -- now unlocked and pinned (which was the original plan!).  Sorry for the disruption in the matrix.

Anyway, as others have observed, it looks like DG is leaning towards the following 2nd/3rd lines:

Quinn-Mittelstadt-Tuch

Krebs-Cozens-Peterka

I think this means DG likes what he's been seeing from Mittlestadt, which is good.  I haven't seen much from Mitts that I've liked, although I've only watched parts of a few of the games.

They are putting Cozens with 2 rookies, which is interesting, although they will probably get more favorable matchups than Mitts' line.  That Cozens line doesn't look like the kind of line they'd match up against, say, Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.