Jump to content

Over/under 77.5 points


SDS
 Share

Recommended Posts

I see no way the Sabres are worse than Montreal, Seattle, Arizona, Philly, Chicago, Islanders, and the RedWings (I don't believe in the redwings). Toss in Anaheim, San Jose, and Winnipeg as other teams I think we will be better than. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Bookmark it ..

bottom 5 in the league 

You do you Buffa.

They weren’t even bottom 5 last year. Do you think they got worse from last year?

I’m not saying the under would be wrong, just not bottom 5.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The team added more players than the offseason would imply and this isn't a team learning Granato's system while unlearning Krueger's. So either they majorly overachieved at the end or that is a reflection for who and what they are. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The team played about 41 games with all of Krebs, Tuch, Mitts, Samuelsson and Anderson available, and about 22 games with none of them available.

My loose count puts them at 20/17/4 with and 5/13/4 without.

To that group, they've added Lyubushkin, Comrie, Quinn, Peterka and Power.

Yes, I realize everyone has injuries, but not half-a-season to their #1 goalie and #1C exiting camp. To say this team hasn't added anyone to a 75 point team misrepresents what has actually happened over the past year.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Just grabbed the 77.5 on MGM. So do they adjust on the fly? New to this.  

Not sure what you’re asking, but different bookies will have different lines updated at different intervals. If you are wondering if your betting line will change after you made it, a bet is a bet. Even if the line shifts to 100, your original bet at 77.5 is the bet you made.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, RochesterExpat said:

Not sure what you’re asking, but different bookies will have different lines updated at different intervals. If you are wondering if your betting line will change after you made it, a bet is a bet. Even if the line shifts to 100, your original bet at 77.5 is the bet you made.

Thanks, your first sentence answers it. I saw MGM at 77.5 on Monday and started thinking about it, but figured I had until game 1 to act. The post that ceasers is at 80 motivated me to pull the trigger just in case it goes up on MGM. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can't lose! has led to many failed marriages, lost jobs and broken kneecaps.

You're a sucker to think that way.

I'd never bet and certainly not on something I Iove for reasons that seem so obvious. Consider the four outcomes.

I'll play along though. I bet 10 bucks on the over. The Sabres beat the over. I win how much?

Edited by PASabreFan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

The team added more players than the offseason would imply and this isn't a team learning Granato's system while unlearning Krueger's. So either they majorly overachieved at the end or that is a reflection for who and what they are. 

I have been wrestling with the issue of how to translate the end of the season flourish. Was it merely a team out of the playoffs playing with no pressure, or does it signify a team coming together and getting better? It could be a combination of both with the team's record mirroring its improved play. Granato was asked on WGR what was the main reason why the team played well at the end of the season. He responded that it was a reflection of his team being healthy. If that is the case, then with added talent and internal improvement it should augur well for this upcoming season. 

I'm predicting 88-90 points. I'm not predicting the playoffs but I am predicting that this team will be contending for a playoff spot up to the end of the season. That's progress!

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

I'll play along though. I bet 10 bucks on the over. The Sabres beat the over. I win how much?

Depends what the payout number is. +100 is a doubling of your bet. ($10 bet wins another $10) These over/under type of bets usually pay around that with some minor fluctuations.

Screenshot-20220915-084917.jpg

In this example, DraftKings is paying -115. So $10 wins you $8.69. It's a bit of an X:Y thing. The house massages both the target and the odds to ensure money lands evenly on both sides.

Some casinos will allow you to customize your wager. Say you really think the Sabres can surpass 90 points. You can bet over 89.5 and get bigger odds.

 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

You can't lose! has led to many failed marriages, lost jobs and broken kneecaps.

You're a sucker to think that way.

I'd never bet and certainly not on something I Iove for reasons that seem so obvious. Consider the four outcomes.

I'll play along though. I bet 10 bucks on the over. The Sabres beat the over. I win how much?

Then there's Warren Buffet mantra "invest in what you know". We know the Buffalo Sabres. And it's a long bet, not random single game nonsense.

But yeah be prepared to lose it all, just like that risky stock / crypto.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...