Jump to content

Buffalo Bills 2022-23


spndnchz
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, JujuFish said:

Only the 1 seed gets a first round bye these days. We need the Chiefs to lose 1 more game than we do, which is a tough ask since they have a pretty easy remaining schedule and Mahomes is playing like an MVP.

The Bills actually need to win the division and end up with the same record as KC. The Bills own the tiebreaker with the Chiefs via the head to head win.  
 

Looking at the Chiefs remaining schedule (it’s pretty weak), the game next week against the Bengals looms large for the Bills hopes. 

Edited by Porous Five Hole
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

The Bills actually need to win the division and end up with the same record as KC. The Bills own the tiebreaker with the Chiefs via the head to head win.  
 

Looking at the Chiefs remaining schedule (it’s pretty weak), the game next week against the Bengals looms large for the Bills hopes. 

I think it's highly unlikely that we end up tied with the Chiefs and don't win the division.  In fact, if the Chiefs only lose 1 game for the rest of the season, it is impossible to tie them without winning the division.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

I think it's highly unlikely that we end up tied with the Chiefs and don't win the division.  In fact, if the Chiefs only lose 1 game for the rest of the season, it is impossible to tie them without winning the division.

Agree that it’s impossible to tie the Chiefs without winning the division. But that’s reasonable. The Bills will be favored every week against the Jets and Dolphins at home, and are favored this week against the Pats on the road.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, #freejame said:

I’m not sure how Pats fans did 15+ years of a heavy prime time schedule. This ***** sucks, give me back sundays at one. 

Agreed.  I know that isn't how it works, but I'd like 2 prime time games per year at most. One in the beginning of the year, 1 in the 2nd half.  I know with west coast trips you would probably have to add a couple 4 or 4:30 games in there. But prime time games?  I'll watch other teams play them, but I want 'my' team Sunday at 1 most of the time.  

Then again, I still watch MOST games but the past couple years I have been watching less football, even the Bills games...so if others want the prime time games then I'm happy for those who like them.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Bills placed Miller on 4-game IR.

We can't even trust the players to break their own injury news! Miller said a couple days ago that he'd be back for the Jets game.

GO BILLS!

That felt pretty optimistic to me at the time. I'd rather he get healthier on that knee and be ready for the playoffs. Groot and Epenesa are back this week anyways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Pats post game radio show (Weirdly it’s on here on WHTK 1280 in ROC). 
First minute. 
“They are who we were. And we are who they were. It took a 60 MPH wind game to beat this team once in three years. The Patriots have no answer for the Bills.”

That’s exactly what I thought whilst watching the game. The helpless feeling that no matter what your team does, it won’t matter.  The other team is playing a different sport.  Deal with it Pats.  

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, inkman said:

That’s exactly what I thought whilst watching the game. The helpless feeling that no matter what your team does, it won’t matter.  The other team is playing a different sport.  Deal with it Pats.  

Yeah, when even Belichick leaves three timeouts on the board with 1:53 left down by only two scores, you know they have no answer.

  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Allen was interviewed last night after the game and 1) Was wearing a signed Ryan Fitzpatrick jersey and 2) when he was asked about being in Gillette ads said something like "I mean, I know the name of this stadium, so that played into me taking that job" (referencing Gillette stadium where the Pats play) lol

EDIT:

Also this happened:
image.thumb.png.2ded1fb6cf68c1b1d8461dfe5db1333f.png

Edited by sabills
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Crazy stats of the day from NFL.com (bolding added by me for particularly cool stat):

Quote

Next Gen stat of the game: On Josh Allen’s 8-yard TD pass to Gabe Davis, Allen was 0.3 yards from the sideline when he threw it -- the second-closest pass to the sideline on a completion in the NGS era. Since 2016, there have been four completions with a release within one yard of the sideline; Allen has three of them.

NFL Research: Josh Allen now has four regular-season games against the Patriots with two-plus touchdown passes and zero interceptions, which is the most of any QB against the Patriots in Bill Belichick’s Patriots tenure (2000-present).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, sabills said:

That felt pretty optimistic to me at the time. I'd rather he get healthier on that knee and be ready for the playoffs. Groot and Epenesa are back this week anyways.

The injury is playable compared to other knee injuries. It will require surgery but it can wait till after the season. I’m sure Miller was going by what the doctors were saying but Beane convinced him otherwise, especially since now that Rousseau is heathy. Since he is older I’m sure it’s best for him to rest it the next four weeks so he can survive a long playoff run. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Poyer non-INT call really bothered me. The ball did not survive the ground doesn’t make any sense. 
 

If Poyer caught the ball in the middle of the field, bobbled it, and regained possession without the ball touching the ground, that’s an INT.  Poyer had two feet down in bounds before the bobble and regained control without the ball touching the ground.  Am I the only one who thinks that should have been an INT?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After the stress associated with the last several games -- shoot, going all the way back to the 2nd half of the Green Bay game! -- it was so nice to have a game where the Bills essentially coasted to victory.

2 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

The Poyer non-INT call really bothered me. The ball did not survive the ground doesn’t make any sense. 
 

If Poyer caught the ball in the middle of the field, bobbled it, and regained possession without the ball touching the ground, that’s an INT.  Poyer had two feet down in bounds before the bobble and regained control without the ball touching the ground.  Am I the only one who thinks that should have been an INT?

You are far from the only person. I think the general consensus is that it's a terrible rule and should be changed.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Porous Five Hole said:

The Poyer non-INT call really bothered me. The ball did not survive the ground doesn’t make any sense. 
 

If Poyer caught the ball in the middle of the field, bobbled it, and regained possession without the ball touching the ground, that’s an INT.  Poyer had two feet down in bounds before the bobble and regained control without the ball touching the ground.  Am I the only one who thinks that should have been an INT?

That's a catch for an offensive player and incomplete for a defensive player.  Not by rule, but by the way NFL refs are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

If he cares anything about winning it will be buffalo your quarterback is getting healthy and back to normal. 

I know im negative but you guys are about to be healthy and be on a run. 

Good luck 

 

I hope you are right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...