Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Come draft day it's obvious that Safety and O Line are the biggest needs, but I'd love to see the Bills draft Darnell Washington TE from GA even in the 1st rd, but if still available for sure in the second. 

Washington is a 6'7" 265 TE who runs a 4.6 40, who had 26 catches for 417 yards and 2TDs for GA this season.  He was one of team's best blockers and often served as a 6th OL.  He wasn't the primary TE receiver at GA because of Brock Bowers, but for a team like Buffalo, whose offense is very similar to GA he'd help protect Josh, make more running lanes for Cook and Singletary and also give the Bills a match up nightmare for LB's and Safeties when used as a pass catcher.  In 12 personnel, he'd allow Knox to block less and serve as a primary receiver to maximize his abilities.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/darnell-washington-te-georgia-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2023/

WR is the most pressing need.  This team needs more weapons

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Taro T said:

There is hope that Dorsey, who seems to be a bright guy, can learn from his mistakes w/ an offseason of reflection.

Frazier is what he is & a bend - don't break D is a HORRIBLE complement to an offensive race car.  (& it was back in the early 90's too.)  Switch to an attacking D scheme.  If you stop them, Josh & the O have more time to work w/ and can bury 'em.  If you give up the quick strike, Josh & the O have more time to work w/ to run w/ 'em.

I agree with everything you have said here except the bold.

The D in the Superbowl era was not a bend don't break thing.  Not until they got the the Superbowl, well at least the first two.  I truely believe if they had won against the Giants they would have found a way to beat Washington in their second kick at it.  The Bills were better than both.

Both Cowboy games were utter disasters.

9 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

WR is the most pressing need.  This team needs more weapons

Yeah, the cupboard is pretty empty outside of Diggs.  A couple more weapons with size, unlike Davis who drops half the balls thrown his way.   It would definitely force defenses to play more zone and blitz less.  Or get major upgrades on the OL to give JA a few more seconds.  Chicken or the egg.  But then what to do on the defensive side of the ball?  DL needs more bulk.  Edmunds may walk and likely will need two starting safeties.  Gonna be an interesting off season

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Yes, Dorsey was outcoached.  Didn't say he wasn't.  Said there is hope he can be better if he doesn't end up the Panthers new HC.  And, regardless of how today turned out, do you disagree that the #2 scoring & yardage/game O is a Ferrari?

Frazier is what he is & is too timid to have a D that complements this O.  Would be very happy to have had him gone long before this.  But the post mine referenced said the D-line isn't good.  When healthy, it actually is.  It was upgraded significantly over last year's which is a big part of why Milano was an All Pro and in the conversation for defensive MVP and also why somebody is giving Edmunds a huge contract next season.  (And the Bills won't be giving him that deal.)

I'd rather they try to win tractor pulls.

Josh is a Ferrari. The offense is not.

• Like (+1) 1

The play calling leading to halftime was an absolute joke. Plenty of time with all of their timeouts and they go to an empty backfield. Gee, what are they going to do?!

It was garbage, panicked coaching. I hope Dorsey goes to Carolina.

And Gabe Davis is replicable.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John Tucker said:

The upsetting part is that our window has all but closed.  Salary cap is going to be a problem next year and both lines need major upgrades.  Not to mention all the good young QB’s in the AFC.  This was supposed to be our year and squandered it with poor coaching philosophies on both sides of the ball.  We are now way behind multiple teams and will be tough to close that gap over the next few years unless something major happens.  A few tweaks won’t do it unfortunately.  Oh, the life of a Buffalo fan

That’s been going on for a very long time. The Bills are the only team that have found new and creative ways to lose games, part of the reason why I don’t watch many NFL games plus when the league got too political that was pretty much it for me! 

8 minutes ago, SwampD said:

The play calling leading to halftime was an absolute joke. Plenty of time with all of their timeouts and they go to an empty backfield. Gee, what are they going to do?!

Don't care about Dorsey.

Gabe Davis, a sub-par WR2, is the most replaceable player on the roster other than the sub-par RB1, RB2, and RB3.

Edited by Eleven

9 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Just like the Bills, I’m not sure if the Sabres have the right coach to push these guys to the next level. Their overall team defense leaves a lot to be desired.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

I agree with everything you have said here except the bold.

The D in the Superbowl era was not a bend don't break thing.  Not until they got the the Superbowl, well at least the first two.  I truely believe if they had won against the Giants they would have found a way to beat Washington in their second kick at it.  The Bills were better than both.

Both Cowboy games were utter disasters.

Walt Corey himself would refer to it as a "bend don't break" D.  The plan was to force teams to chip away w/ no big plays and expect thatebentually either through Bruce or Biscuit causing a disruption or Odomes or a safety eventually getting a pick they'd force a turnover or eventually the opponent wouldn't get a 1st down.  It was a dumb strategy w/ Kelly, Thomas, Davis, Reed, Lofton, Beebe, McKeller, & that line because it kept the ball out of their hands.

It also was a dumb strategy because other than having an undersized NT, and a subpar CB2, that D was loaded & could've been deadly attacking.  

Those teams sadly were outcoached on the biggest stage 4 years in a row.

And that 1st Cowboy game in large part came down to their cleats.

They didn't expect it to have been raining the better part of the week in Pasadena.  The NFL literally had helicopters hovering over the field the day before the Superbowl trying to dry it out.  The Pokes were prepared for it, the Bills not so much.

The 1st INT happened because Metzalars fell down making a cut while the ball was in the air.

That was a coaching mismatch. We have no chance until we get an offensive minded coach who understands the nuisances of the modern offense. 5 years in still no o line. Andy Reid fixed it in one off-season. No offensive identity. Zach Taylor got his team to the SB in year 2 of Burrow. SF turned the last pick into a proficient enough qb to take them to the championship game. There is no reason a gifted offensive mind could not turn Josh into a machine. Instead he’s going to be a wreck by year 7. 

Edited by Gatorman0519

9 hours ago, John Tucker said:

Yeah, the cupboard is pretty empty outside of Diggs.  A couple more weapons with size, unlike Davis who drops half the balls thrown his way.   It would definitely force defenses to play more zone and blitz less.  Or get major upgrades on the OL to give JA a few more seconds.  Chicken or the egg.  But then what to do on the defensive side of the ball?  DL needs more bulk.  Edmunds may walk and likely will need two starting safeties.  Gonna be an interesting off season

They need to fix the o line. For 3 years now we've heard about the lack of run game and Beane in his infinite wisdom thinks it's a rb problem. The line blocks like trash. We do need another wr, again Beane has failed to get one. 

Idk why they signed Knox. He's mediocre at best. 

Beanes claim to fame is Allen but what about the rest of his drafts? Elim lost an open job to a 6th rounder. Edmunds tackling and instincts are meh. The o line has gotten worse each year. He's drafted what? 4 edge rushers and they all suck. 

This team looked bad all year but found ways to win. Part of the reason is the gm refused to fix obvious issues such as o line and wr. Bringing back Beasley and Brown were panic moves and Josh Allen directed. 

I'm not convinced Beane is a good gm. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, JoeSchmoe said:

As much as most people don't want to believe it, Allen isn't an elite QB unless he's consistently running the ball.

Maybe he'll one day develop into a true pocket passer, but as of today, he's much closer to being a Cam Newton than a Tom Brady.

Lol, Allen is basically the sole reason the offense puts up points with a terrible o line, useless te, and 1 good wr. But sure yea, it's Josh Allen's fault.

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Lol, Allen is basically the sole reason the offense puts up points with a terrible o line, useless te, and 1 good wr. But sure yea, it's Josh Allen's fault.

Knox has gotten better. Deserving of his contract, no, but he’s not useless

Cook on the other hand. He had all season to learn how to lean into his runs and he couldn’t do it. Absolute embarrassment of a football player 

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I didn't say it was his fault. I just said he's not an elite pocket QB.

When he's a consistent run threat and teams adjust their defenses for it, he can play at an MVP calibre. When he's not running, as he did in the back half of the season, he's not great.

17 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

I didn't say it was his fault. I just said he's not an elite pocket QB.

When he's a consistent run threat and teams adjust their defenses for it, he can play at an MVP calibre. When he's not running, as he did in the back half of the season, he's not great.

Teams realized they could rush 4 and drop the rest into coverage because the Bills offensive line was *****. On top of that, Dorsey had every route 20yrds down field. So no, I don't agree with what you're saying. 

• Like (+1) 1