Buffalo Bills 2022-23

spndnchz

14 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

He sounds … satisfied?

Sounds like I'll be maintaining my participation at the "keep an eye on this thread, watch the 10-minute highlights" level. No way I'm gonna start watching full games.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yikes. 

Disgusting. I want overreaction!

honestly I receive this like Bettman’s “if you don’t like the sideboard ads you shouldn’t look at them” gaslighting non sense. There are clear deficiencies in coaching and 13 wins happened despite that. Own up to it.  The fans here could predict exactly the shortfalls that were going to come and they came true - that isn’t Monday morning quarterbacking.

Edited by triumph_communes

Yep we're gonna run back this same team next year!  These guys are too comfortable in their jobs.  McB's drafts/acquisitions have not been good.  He also basically gave away two gems he did find in the draft that would really, really help right now in Teller and Hodgins.

McClappy will never get us over the hump. Plenty of evidence for that.

Some kind of rebuild is sorely needed.  They're delaying the inevitable and not doing the franchise QB any favors in the process.

18 minutes ago, inkman said:

They won 13 games.  Just saying. 

I don't think anyone is saying that the Bills are not a very good to great team.  Top 3 in the AFC and top 5 in the NFL.

Josh and Diggs will get you 12 - 15 wins in the regular season.

The trouble is Inky and you know this, they were 1 and 1 in the playoff.  Same as last year.  The year before they were 2 and 1.  When ever there is a 1 in the loss column in the playoff your team is not good enough.  Playoff games are a war of attrition.

I believe that if the Bills team of 2 years ago would have had the O line, the D line and Bennett from the Super Bowl era they would have beaten KC in the Championship game and won the Super Bowl and last year they would have won in KC and probably would have beaten the Bengals.  This year I think they would have besten the Bengals and probalby KC.

I am not as doom and gloom as many here.  A few upgrades here and there, especially on both lines and the Bills will be much better and harder to beat in the playoff.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, inkman said:

What's the goal?  Good season or championship?  

I think Buffalo never wins anything because Buffalo teams and fans settle instead of strive for/demand greatness.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Is the goal to win 13 games or to win the Superbowl? 

Let me put it this way. Going into the season I was at DEFCON 4 with McDermott and Dorsey and DEFCON 3 with Frazier. Beane I hadn't thought about much. Now, I am at DEFCON 2 across the board for all of them. DEFCOM 1 is they must be fired immediately. They won 13 games but the back half of that season did not look right across the board. 

Rather than excoriating or firing what has been one of the most successful braintrusts in franchise history, wouldn't it make more sense to charge them with identifying what went wrong, then exercise that plan?

Isn't that what works best in real life?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Is the goal to win 13 games or to win the Superbowl? 

Let me put it this way. Going into the season I was at DEFCON 4 with McDermott and Dorsey and DEFCON 3 with Frazier. Beane I hadn't thought about much. Now, I am at DEFCON 2 across the board for all of them. DEFCOM 1 is they must be fired immediately. They won 13 games but the back half of that season did not look right across the board. 

I’m not sure I like any of the coaches or MGMT at one Bills drive but after a player died in the field during a game, this team has a built in “excuse”, if anyone wants to use that term in association with death.  

I could never tell what Dorsey was trying to accomplish.  It never felt like the offense got in synch.  Frazier is a good D coordinator.  I’m not sure the Bills have the horses to run what he wants to, especially without Hyde and half a Poyer. 

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Rather than excoriating or firing what has been one of the most successful braintrusts in franchise history, wouldn't it make more sense to charge them with identifying what went wrong, then exercise that plan?

Isn't that what works best in real life?

This right here is what is wrong with Bills fans. It doesn't matter they have been successful compared to franchise history. What matters is do they have the ability to win the Superbowl. We have never even won the conference. We've only had 1 shot at that and we got smoked. I will give them this offseason to "identify what went wrong" but again this isn't just a what went wrong this year type of thing. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

This right here is what is wrong with Bills fans. It doesn't matter they have been successful compared to franchise history. What matters is do they have the ability to win the Superbowl. We have never even won the conference. We've only had 1 shot at that and we got smoked. I will give them this offseason to "identify what went wrong" but again this isn't just a what went wrong this year type of thing. 

This right here is what's wrong with sports fans in general.

There is no magic formula, but people keep convincing themselves there is while constantly looking for someone to blame.

Objectively, the Bills are one of the best-run franchises in football over the past few years.

Objectively they weren't good enough.

Who is a better bet to make the right moves to get them over the top? McDermott and Beane or the guy in the magic box (Rex Ryan, Doug Marrone, Chan Gailey, Perry Fewell, Dick Jauron, Mike Mularkey, Gregg Williams, Wade Phillips, Marv Levy, Hank Bullogh, Kay Stephenson, Chuck Knox...)

Edited by dudacek

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

This right here is what's wrong with sports fans in general.

There is no magic formula, but people keep convincing themselves there is while constantly looking for someone to blame.

Objectively, the Bills are one of the best-run franchises in football over the past few years.

Objectively they weren't good enough.

Who is a better bet to make the right moves to get them over the top? McDermott and Beane or the guy in the magic box (Rex Ryan, Doug Marrone, Chan Gailey, Perry Fewell, Dick Jauron, Mike Mularkey, Gregg Williams, Wade Phillips, Marv Levy, Hank Bullogh, Kay Stephenson, Chuck Knox...)

Yep.

If you can only consider a season successful with a championship then 31 teams are unsuccessful every year and at minimum there is 1 team in the league that needs to wait 31 more years & 3 weeks before they have a successful season.  If you need to be in the championship game for it, then at least 2 teams will have a 15 year wait & change before they see success.

Allen played most of the year w/ a screwed up elbow (which occurred on a play he stayed in the pocket rather than one of his mad scrambles) and even with all the everything going on, the team finished 14-4 and was one of the last 8 with an opportunity to move on.  They beat, in that team's building, 1 of the 4 teams left standing.

Stealing a hockey phrase, a bit of "puck luck" in either of 2 games would've given them the opportunity to only have to play 1 of the other 2 "Big 3" in the AFC to compete against the NFC rep & would've given them a bye week to rest up & strategize as well heading into a game vs the Jags.

As long as Allen plays, their window will be open.  Want to see changes, the reality of FA & the "cap" will force some, & would like to see some others like the departure of Frazier.  Doubt it happens, but we can hope.  And, between rules protecting QBs & medical advances to fix them up when they get hurt anyway, we really could have Allen playing at a high kevel for 10+ years.

• Like (+1) 2