Sabres Prospects 2022-2023

GASabresIUFAN

3 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I will release a huge sigh of relief when Levi signs with Buffalo. If anything goes sideways on that signing, all hell is going to break loose around here. What is the rule there? Can he sign the second the playoff run is over for his team? 

He could sign today if he wanted to.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CallawaySabres said:

I will release a huge sigh of relief when Levi signs with Buffalo. If anything goes sideways on that signing, all hell is going to break loose around here. What is the rule there? Can he sign the second the playoff run is over for his team? 

Heck, he can sign today.  Just if he does, he forfeits the rest of his college eligibility.

• Like (+1) 2

ICE-Pats ties 3-3 after 2.

Savoie 1g. 1a

Benson 2 assists.

Regina has this kid named Bedard. He’s not bad. 2 goals and an assist tonight. Someone might take a flyer on him at the draft.😛

What makes Bedard so remarkable is he doesn’t have much help. Kid is special.

Really like Savoie’s game. So dynamic and is always on pucks. Benson is a very talented kid. Will be a good one.

Crazy thing is Winnipeg is on a two and a half week road trip. 10 games on the trip. Just nuts.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

ICE-Pats ties 3-3 after 2.

Savoie 1g. 1a

Benson 2 assists.

Regina has this kid named Bedard. He’s not bad. 2 goals and an assist tonight. Someone might take a flyer on him at the draft.😛

What makes Bedard so remarkable is he doesn’t have much help. Kid is special.

Really like Savoie’s game. So dynamic and is always on pucks. Benson is a very talented kid. Will be a good one.

Crazy thing is Winnipeg is on a two and a half week road trip. 10 games on the trip. Just nuts.

I’m watching this too. I like Savoie’s game, plays with pace and can pass, shoot and dangle. Nice offensive player.

Bedard with a hattie, what a release.

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

He should spend next season in Rochester. 

Agree.

At least start there, maybe coming up as an injury fill in.  Let the kids get to the point where they are excelling at the lower level before bringing them up.

Kulich is getting close and I fully expect him to get some NHL games next season, but no need to depend on him to be one of your top-12 next season.

33 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

He will be pushing for a roster spot soon. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Not bad company. Yaremchuk was one of the fastest players to ever play. He just couldn’t figure out how to use his speed at the NHL level to be an impact player.

Brendl is one of the biggest draft busts ever. He was so dominant for the Calgary Hitmen but didn’t have the drive to be a superstar at the NHL level.

Leach and Modano were stars. Brown looked like he would be one riding shotgun to Mario but his career fizzled out. 

I mentioned earlier, what makes Bedard so impressive is that he is literally carrying his team. There isn’t a ton there in Regina to work with. He just goes out and dominates when every team’s entire game plan is to ***** him down.

11 minutes ago, Curt said:

Agree.

At least start there, maybe coming up as an injury fill in.  Let the kids get to the point where they are excelling at the lower level before bringing them up.

Kulich is getting close and I fully expect him to get some NHL games next season, but no need to depend on him to be one of your top-12 next season.

Also, we can slide his contract another year. At least I'm fairly certain we can.

14 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Also, we can slide his contract another year. At least I'm fairly certain we can.

Which is why he almost certainly ends up an Amerk next year and gets only a handful of games at the NHL level unless he simply forces his way onto the Sabres.

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

From what we hear its to the point of having different criteria when trading with us. 

I think it comes down to Armstrong being an idiot. Sens and Sabres are close in the standings and rebuilds. The draft picks would have similar value from each team. Demanding Savoie and/or Kulich from us and then accepting that package from the Sens sounds like a GM that painted himself in a corner. Other teams are pissed because they feel they offered better packages. I’m sure Adams package was the same or better then Dorian’s but Armstrong was probably pisssd at Adams for not giving up the top prospects, let emotion get in the way and took a lesser deal out of spite. The Sens said they were shocked their offer got it done.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

He should spend next season in Rochester. 

Agree right now, open to Kulich changing minds.

I see a lot of internet posters (not you) who want to debate situations like this on principle.

I think it should always be about the player.

JJ Peterka is in the NHL because he proved last year he had mastered the AHL. In order to continue to improve he needs to be challenged. Doesn’t really matter that he’s struggled off and on this year, he’s shown he can be capable of playing at this level and he needs the reps to get better.

Ideally, Kulich comes up when he reaches the same level Peterka had reached by the end of last year.

Semi-related, I worry about Savoie, who has mastered juniors and should be moving to the AHL, but can’t.

He needs to be challenged, but will the NHL be a step too far for that development?

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Agree right now, open to Kulich changing minds.

I see a lot of internet posters (not you) who want to debate situations like this on principle.

I think it should always be about the player.

JJ Peterka is in the NHL because he proved last year he had mastered the AHL. In order to continue to improve he needs to be challenged. Doesn’t really matter that he’s struggled off and on this year, he’s shown he can be capable of playing at this level and he needs the reps to get better.

Ideally, Kulich comes up when he reaches the same level Peterka had reached by the end of last year.

Semi-related, I worry about Savoie, who has mastered juniors and should be moving to the AHL, but can’t.

He needs to be challenged, but will the NHL be a step too far for that development?

If Kuluch lights up camp and makes the team, that's awesome. I just think he'll need another year of growth in his game.

Savoie is the catch here. It makes way to much sense to put Savoie in Buffalo and leave Kulich in Rochester. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

ENG Bedard, 4g,1a against best team in juniors. Kid is unreal.

When Savoie decides to turn on the Jets my can he just fly. Good at the dot too.

Connor Bedard is going to be interesting for me to watch.  Is he a better prospect than McDavid?  It appears not, but for the reasons why is exactly why I want to watch him.

With McDavid, it was all about the skill that stood out, mostly the speed.

Bedard?  He's not that big.  He's listed at 5'10" but looking at him that may be true or it may be generous by an inch. Hes not a bad skater, but he's not going to blow by people like McDavid does (not even close).  He seems to put the puck where he needs to because it goes in the net, but he doesn't have that signature shot, the Ovechkin/Stamkos power one timer.   

When you watch him skate, watch him shoot, watch his size, he seems like a very good prospect....but the results are just so much better than that.  Watching him integrate into the NHL will be fun for sure.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.