GDT: Vegas @ Dallas 8:30 EDT - The Last Breath

WildCard

2 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

So Dallas wins in a SO but hasnt clinched despite having 3 more wins with 2 to go? What is first tie breaker? Head to head?

Just now, SDS said:

Regulation wins.

Yep.  HtH is the 4th tie breaker behind Regulation Wins, R/OT Wins, & plain old wins.

4 minutes ago, SDS said:

If teams collect the same number of points, the one with more regulation and overtime wins (statistically abbreviated as ROW) jumps ahead in the standings. Shootout wins DO NOT COUNT for tiebreaker purposes.

If teams share the same number of points and wins (i.e., regulation + overtime wins, excluding shootout wins), then the club with more points in their head-to-head season series prevails. If an odd number of games occurred between the teams, points collected in the first game in the city hosting an extra match will be discounted in the math.

So gotta be one of those Vegas still has a chance with... 1 more point tomorrow against Yotes and Dallas is in.

Edited by North Buffalo

Well we have to wait another night, but Dallas plays Arizona tomorrow so if they don't get a point there they don't deserve to get in, Eichel hate or not. 

You know one thing I noticed in this game is how often Eichel gives the puck away and then the other team gets to break out. I know he gave the puck away here, but the whole team did so it wasn't as noticeable. On a better team it really showed. 

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Not necessarily.  Dallas can still pass Nashville.

I saw Nashville beat Colorado in a game this year. Really hard physical game. That would be a fun series to watch. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

Well we have to wait another night, but Dallas plays Arizona tomorrow so if they don't get a point there they don't deserve to get in, Eichel hate or not. 

You know one thing I noticed in this game is how often Eichel gives the puck away and then the other team gets to break out. I know he gave the puck away here, but the whole team did so it wasn't as noticeable. On a better team it really showed. 

The Yotes came back and beat the Wild in St. Paul tonight by scoring 4 in the 3rd. Maybe they've decided not to be an automatic out? 😦

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

On the plus side for the Knights, Vegas can't fall any further than 16th pick. Vancouver lost 3 straight.

You sure about that?  According to NHL.com Vancouver is beating Seattle at the end of 2 tonight.  They can still get to 93 while Vegas is only at 91.

24 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

It was just said on the Colorado/Blues game. Vegas has to win both games left and Dallas has to lose both in regulation in order for Vegas to make it.

Fixed.  Vegas can win theirs at any point, but Dallas would have to get 0 points.

My god, the passing in that game was horrific.

It wasnt because of good defence, it was because they weren’t anticipating and were just missing each other by miles, open or not. Even the guys getting the pass looked asleep at the switch half the time.

The goalies were fantastic, but the skaters did not look like playoff hockey teams.

Edited by dudacek
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

My god, the passing in that game was horrific.

It wasnt because of good defence, it was because they weren’t anticipating and were just missing each other by miles, open or not. Even the guys getting the pass looked asleep at the switch half the time.

The goalies were fantastic, but the skaters did not look like playoff hockey teams.

Truthfully their both marginal playoff teams at best.  Dallas only has 5 more regulation wins then the Sabres and they have less then LV, Van and the NYI.  They are something like 15-5 in OT/SO.  LV, their character is out for all to see, after going 1-2-2 in their last 5 and 3-3-2 in their last 9.  Not exactly cruising into the playoffs

On the other hand the Sabres, who are just playing for pride, are 6-4 in their last ten with all 4 losses to 4 of the best teams in the NHL - Fla, Car, TB and STL

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.