GDT - 4/19/22 Thunderbirds @ Amerks 7:05 AHLTV

inkman

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

A 34 year old James Neal is in the lineup for the Thunderbirds.  It’s cool seeing these guys at this stage of their careers in the AHL.  He had a good run.  Still playing for the love of it. 

Um. He’s 34 making $750,000 this year.

Sure. It’s the love. 😂

45 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Quinn had a quiet game but he was money in the shootout.

Springfield played a very stifling game. UPL looked very good for most of his 65 minutes, but long shots continue to plague him. 

Something Marty Biron has talked about on numerous occasions.  If he doesn't fix that, he'll never survive in the NHL.

9 hours ago, Norcal said:

Geez that first shot on UPL was way too easy

but Quinn n Peterka had his back

I kinda hope R2 stays but I'm not sure how he fits on Buffalo

Big 2

That whole SO looked too easy for the shooters on both sides.  Jankowski just took too long to make up his mind.  Nice save by UPL to finish it, but otherwise 😬

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Has Bloom played any?

10 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

No. Not in lineup 

I don’t think we see him play.  Only a few games left and little time for him to acclimate.  In the recent past, we’ve seen a bunch of prospects signed to ATOs that don’t get in the lineup for one reason or another. 

I could be wrong.  

8 hours ago, Taro T said:

Good thing they sent Krebs & Samuelsson down.  The Amerks never would've won these last 2 games without them.

Oh, wait, umm ...

Lol, doing victory laps after a team wins a shootout is something. 

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

UPL inspires zero confidence. None. At. All.

The guy who gave up what 2 goals last night and only 5 in the last 3 games? That upl?

Edited by LGR4GM

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Lol, doing victory laps after a team wins a shootout is something. 

The guy who gave up what 2 goals last night and only 5 in the last 3 games? That upl?

Yep. That’s the one. I’ve watched nearly all his games this year. He has his moments. So does Dell. And his D certainly doesn’t do him any flavors most nights. But good goalies make the big save more often than not, regardless, and he just doesn’t seem up to the task imo. I’m not pinning any hopes on him being our long awaited goalie messiah. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.