GDT: 4/5/2022, Hurricanes @ Sabres, 7pm on ESPN+ πŸ“Ί WGR πŸ“»

LGR4GM

6 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I think they do, actually.Β  ESPN+ is airing the pre- and postgames of other local sports networks, so it would appear to be a choice of theΒ  local sports network.

If I had to guess, MSG wants ESPN+ to pay extra for the extra content while the other networks include it in the game coverage.

Doing some morning game re-watching, it has to have something to do with an agreement on the network level. MSG doesn't show pre- or post-games (BUF, NYR, NYI, NJD). But Bally (MIN and NSH) both show post-game broadcasts for a bit.

MSG would need to agree to it/negotiate it in some capacity.

46 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

You get what you pay for.Β 

Honestly, if I had the choice to pay for ESPN+ for $84 per year or NHL.tv for $160 per year, I'd pay the extra to get the pre- and postgame.

The flipside is ESPN+ has so much more content than NHL.tv did, pre/post-games notwithstanding. Right now there's pre-season MLB baseball, NCAA baseball, Indian Premier League cricket, NCAA women's lacrosse, and Sportscenter... all rolling along at 1030AM PT/130PM ET.

The intriguing thing will be playoff games. I'm not sure if ESPN+ will show NHL playoffs live.

4 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Where are you located (which country)?Β  Just order ESPN+ for tonight; I think you can get a free trial for a week or something.Β  And unless you don't have WiFi in your house, just get ESPN+ going forward.Β  It's cheaper.

Does ESPN+ show all the games? If they do I will drop Directv"s Ice Center next year and do what you recommend. I get tired of this squeezing the customer BS!Β 

15 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Does ESPN+ show all the games? If they do I will drop Directv"s Ice Center next year and do what you recommend. I get tired of this squeezing the customer BS!Β 

Not everything. ESPN+ blacks out your local market live (but you can watch the replay). They also don't carry TNT or NHLNetwork games live or on replay.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Not everything. ESPN+ blacks out your local market live (but you can watch the replay). They also don't carry TNT or NHLNetwork games live or on replay.

Thank you for the info. You made my decision easy to make. I'll stick with what I got and periodically bitch about the situation.Β 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Right now there's pre-season MLB baseball, NCAA baseball, Indian Premier League cricket, NCAA women's lacrosse, and Sportscenter... all rolling along at 1030AM PT/130PM ET.

...and I never watch any of that.Β  I've watch Sportscenter a few times... that's all.

I tried to watch college hockey but ESPNU is not included with ESPN+.Β  I truly have ESPN+ to watch the Sabres and pretty much nothing else.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, JohnC said:

There are some games on NHL Network and others on TNT that are not on ESPN+.Β  If you have a content provider such as DirecTV that carries NHL Network and TNT, those are covered.Β  Also, local games are blacked out based on your location (ESPN+ doesn't show me Dallas Stars game; I watch them on Bally Sports Southwest when they play the Sabres).

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Butcher.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.Β 

Oh I am. 😬

• Thanks (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

...and I never watch any of that.Β  I've watch Sportscenter a few times... that's all.

I tried to watch college hockey but ESPNU is not included with ESPN+.Β  I truly have ESPN+ to watch the Sabres and pretty much nothing else.

Same here. I do watch some other NHL games and as a result of searching for what's live for this thread I'm watching a bit of the Twins final spring training tuneup...Β  but otherwise the ESPN+ is just for the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I couldn’t care less what the ”we” consensus is. I don’t like the candy canes.

what are your feelings on the canes?

I'd say the hate faded around 2015. They're not my favorite team in the league, but they don't have anyone left on the roster who reminds of 05-06. Their fans can go pound salt

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

ESPN+ shows about 70 games, then another 3 or 4 that are ESPN+/Hulu exclusive (meaning not on MSG.) Then you get a couple games each on TNT and NHLN.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

What you get on ESPN+ is tied to what you are subscribed to on your cable/streaming/satellite package. I got rid of Xfinity for YouTube TV. They have the full complement of ESPN channels, so I get them all on ESPN+ too. What I don't get anymore is NHLN and NESN for Red Sox and Bruins game. (I do get NBCS Boston that carries the Celtics.)

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

What you get on ESPN+ is tied to what you are subscribed to on your cable/streaming/satellite package. I got rid of Xfinity for YouTube TV. They have the full complement of ESPN channels, so I get them all on ESPN+ too. What I don't get anymore is NHLN and NESN for Red Sox and Bruins game. (I do get NBCS Boston that carries the Celtics.)

Understood.Β  And even though I get the "Sports Pack" on Spectrum, it doesn't include ESPNU.Β  When I realized that it pissed me off.

1 hour ago, Mustache of God said:

The fact that Butcher and Pysyk keep rotating spots tells me neither of these two will be on the team next year.

Why do you say that?

2 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

The fact that Butcher and Pysyk keep rotating spots tells me neither of these two will be on the team next year.

It could just as easily be thanks to Pysyk being a vet that he’s giving Butcher a game here and there to try and salvage his career

Just now, Buffalonill said:

Is it bad i dont hate the hurricanes anymore?Β 

Yes

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.