GDT: 4/5/2022, Hurricanes @ Sabres, 7pm on ESPN+ 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

6 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I have Directv's Center Ice package. Whenever I can't watch the game because it is on ESPN+ I feel that I have been cheated. ☠️

Where are you located (which country)?  Just order ESPN+ for tonight; I think you can get a free trial for a week or something.  And unless you don't have WiFi in your house, just get ESPN+ going forward.  It's cheaper.

18 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Where are you located (which country)?  Just order ESPN+ for tonight; I think you can get a free trial for a week or something.  And unless you don't have WiFi in your house, just get ESPN+ going forward.  It's cheaper.

ESPN+ does not show pre game or post game shows.  I don’t like that but it’s all I can do right now.  

• This is the second of three meetings between the Sabres and Hurricanes this season. 
• Last meeting: Carolina defeated Buffalo 6-2 in Carolina on Dec. 4. 
• Next meeting: Thursday, April 7 in Carolina. 

• The Sabres are 0-7-3 in their last 10 games against the Hurricanes; 4-3-3 at home. 
• This is the 207th game all-time between Buffalo and Carolina; Buffalo has a 102-76-28series record. 
• The Sabres are 58-33-11 at home against the Hurricanes all-time.

• Each of the last three meetings between these clubs in Buffalo has been decided in overtime

• If he dresses, tonight will be Kyle Okposo's 900th career NHL game. 
• He has five points (3+2) in his last five games.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Carolina is good but they are beatable. Buffalo needs to get back to winning after losing to Florida, I expect Anderson in net and a Cozens goal tonight. 

They’ve been few and far between. Our centre spine has 21 goals in the 2nd half of the year; Tage has 17 of them.

Dylan and Casey have been getting lots of assists, but the goals have been hard to come by.

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

ESPN+ does not show pre game or post game shows.  I don’t like that but it’s all I can do right now.  

Same here.  I liked NHL.tv much better.

Apparently some teams do show their pre- and postgame shows on ESPN+, but not MSG.  BOO!

Edited by The Ghost of Yuri
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Same here.  I liked NHL.tv much better.

Apparently some teams do show their pre- and postgame shows on ESPN+, but not MSG.  BOO!

MSG definitely needs to get it in gear and show their pre-game show on ESPN+. And ESPN+ needs to get time markers in their playback feature of intermissions, goals, and penalties. And a quick-launch app.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

MSG definitely needs to get it in gear and show their pre-game show on ESPN+. And ESPN+ needs to get time markers in their playback feature of intermissions, goals, and penalties. And a quick-launch app.

You get what you pay for. 

Honestly, if I had the choice to pay for ESPN+ for $84 per year or NHL.tv for $160 per year, I'd pay the extra to get the pre- and postgame.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I don’t think MSG has any control over the content shown on ESPN+ 

14 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I don’t think MSG has any control over the content shown on ESPN+ 

I think they do, actually.  ESPN+ is airing the pre- and postgames of other local sports networks, so it would appear to be a choice of the  local sports network.

If I had to guess, MSG wants ESPN+ to pay extra for the extra content while the other networks include it in the game coverage.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.