GDT Nashville Predators @ Buffalo Sabres - Rick Jeanneret Banner Ceremony 6:30

SwampD

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Closer than Bada Bing. Gene McCarthy and Carbone's are not exactly walking distance but a short Uber. Swannie House and Washington Square are just a few blocks away.

Southern Tier Brewing, formerly 716, is open now. How's the food there? Does John Labbat House have food?

I'd say the old first ward is about the same distance as Chippewa.

Haven't eaten at new 716 

10 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Pizza, bada bing

Wings, sidelines for sure

8 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Sidelines has gotten to the point that I'd go there over Gabriel's Gate.  So good and so consistent.

Storing this intel for future reference.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Nice touch. 

They better win this fricken game. 

How can this team not be inspired tonight? A full house on behalf of a legend announcer and person. Hockey is a quirky sport with ricochet and fluky goals. So the outcome is never preordained. But if the effort is not consistently full throttle, I will be disappointed. I see the players feeding off of the crowd. They got to win!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

How can this team not be inspired tonight? A full house on behalf of a legend announcer and person. Hockey is a quirky sport with ricochet and fluky goals. So the outcome is never preordained. But if the effort is not consistently full throttle, I will be disappointed. I see the players feeding off of the crowd. They got to win!

This group of players will finally get to see full fledged Buffalo passion.  Not just loud applause or appreciation, they will see what being part of Buffalo is all about  

The crowd will be “going bananas” and this team will respond.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

This group of players will finally get to see full fledged Buffalo passion.  Not just loud applause or appreciation, they will see what being part of Buffalo is all about  

The crowd will be “going bananas” and this team will respond.  

You hit it on the mark! Big crowd, fans filling the pubs before the game and the buzz of an excited crowd. The fans understandably lost a connection with this flagging franchise. It lost its way. Hopefully, as this franchise climbs back out of the deep hole that it dug, things will soon come back to normal. The downtown is steadily being repopulated and entertainment establishments are popping up. The stage is set for a renewal. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.