GDT - Sabres @ Hawks - March 28, 2022 - 8:30 PM (EDT) - MSG-B and WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

He's not the same kid who made all those mistakes years ago and he shouldn't be judged by them today. 

He's a grown ass man with a family and was a huge fan of the team growing up. 

He'd be proud to wear the Sabres sweater and he can still help them on the ice. 

Bring Pat Home!

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Skinner and Thompson both get there tonight.  Sabres win 8-2.

I'm sure that means something to you.

OFTLOF in Community Dictionary

Oh for love of f**k- found in equivalent context as OFTLOG always express disappointment, disappointment or disbelief

57 minutes ago, Norcal said:

He's not the same kid who made all those mistakes years ago and he shouldn't be judged by them today. 

He's a grown ass man with a family and was a huge fan of the team growing up. 

He'd be proud to wear the Sabres sweater and he can still help them on the ice. 

Bring Pat Home!

I could see a move like this if the Blackhawks need cap relief. But not for a large package of picks and prospects.

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I could see a move like this if the Blackhawks need cap relief. But not for a large package of picks and prospects.

No. Not looking to get fleeced.

I could see something in the middle working for both teams though. 

5 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Yeah... I don't think giving Pat Kane that much proximity to Chippewa and time to exploit it would ever end well for anybody.  

I tend to agree with Norcal on this point:

2 hours ago, Norcal said:

He's a grown ass man with a family

But I just don't see the need to bring him in, just because he's from here.  I think he's likely on the downslide of his career and I don't want another contract like that.

49 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Season 11 Reaction GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

He's not part of the future.  Hard pass.

I'm not signing him to a long term deal here. 

I'm looking for two good years from a guy who grew up loving his hometown team and would love to hold one more cup on his home ice. 

The ice he watched his heros play on when he was young. 

If he doesn't want that or is looking to get overpaid then he can push off.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Kane has grown up a ton over the past few years and was the C for Team USA in the World Championship recently. After his contract comes up, I’d give him an offer but I wouldn’t trade for him

+1.  Let's wait until the team has completely gelled or has solidified.  The locker room is seemingly improved by all accounts, so let's not F%$# with it.  Plus no hard assets (except maybe Bjork 🙂).  If we positive momentum going into 23/24 and he wants to finish his career and is still an effective goal scorer, ok.  

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/sabres-dustin-tokarski-guarding-cage-monday

per the article ...

*Tokarski is 1-1-1 so far in March with a terrific .957 save percentage in the process. The 32-year-old is now 6-9-5 with a 3.07 GAA and a .907 save percentage through 22 games this season. Despite a 2-5-2 road record to date, Tokarski is sporting a solid .919 save percentage in nine games away from home.*

He gives his team a chance. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, WildCard said:

I do wonder if Krebs gets the Reinhart treatment on the NHL and is stapled on the wings or if he eventually sniffs a center role. Seems more like a center to me.

I think it's been discussed by Meatballs previously. 

Long term some of the guys playing wing are penciled in at C. 

Just now, Norcal said:

I think it's been discussed by Meatballs previously. 

Long term some of the guys playing wing are penciled in at C. 

Yes. I’ve mentioned DGs comments here. The idea is that some of the centers are playing wing so that they can become better wings in the future, in case they’re ever needed there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.