A Knights Tale: From Sabre to Knight; one man’s failure to make the playoffs AND how it benefits the Sabres draft position

Crusader1969

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

INTERIOR: SabreSpace Cruiser. A blast door slides open. Ebriate walks in and sets down suitcases.

So! What did I miss?

Nah... I'm kidding. I lurked the 'Space and y'all kept me entertained in the downfall of Jackikin Eichwalker and the collapse of his new Empire Knights.

Welcome home !!

We missed you.  How long was you gone for ??

Seems like you were never away, but I sat out April.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Welcome home !!

We missed you.  How long was you gone for ??

Seems like you were never away, but I sat out April.

Three really wonderful weeks in Italy-Slovenia-Croatia. Minus some COVID for folks in the traveling party and COVID tele-health host no-show shenanigans.

And a Happy Ramadan! (if that's an appropriate salutation) for your time away.

Edited by DarthEbriate
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Three really wonderful weeks in Italy-Slovenia-Croatia. Minus some COVID for folks in the traveling party and COVID tele-health host no-show shenanigans.

Italy and Croatia ... love them !!

Slovenia, IMO, is just a transit route between the other two.

Did you see the place where they tore down the statue of you know who ??

They may have put it back up by now.

38 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

We’re looking at that for our next trip.

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Italy and Croatia ... love them !!

Slovenia, IMO, is just a transit route between the other two.

Did you see the place where they tore down the statue of you know who ??

They may have put it back up by now.

All the locations were great, but I did like Slovenia quite a bit. We only passed through Ljubljana but I thought it was really charming and would've loved to go to college there in an alternate timeline. Bled and the Postojna caves were both nice. As to the statue... we did have a guide give us a 10-second side note on it, but in the same breath mention that the President/First Lady basically treated their country with disdain, at least from a Slovenian point-of-view. I didn't hear anything about re-erecting said statue.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

All the locations were great, but I did like Slovenia quite a bit. We only passed through Ljubljana but I thought it was really charming and would've loved to go to college there in an alternate timeline. Bled and the Postojna caves were both nice. As to the statue... we did have a guide give us a 10-second side note on it, but in the same breath mention that the President/First Lady basically treated their country with disdain, at least from a Slovenian point-of-view. I didn't hear anything about re-erecting said statue.

All of that area is very nice.  Some parts (coast of Croatia and old Sarajevo) are more stunning than others.

They never had a statue of him, but they put one up of her years ago since she is the most famous Sloven ever, sort of.  They tore it down in that period where every single statue around the world was torn down just because.  The Slovens never had any use for him and felt deserted by her when she left for America.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Ship Eichel off to Slovenia.... Er....siberia eh? 

I really enjoyed Pula Croatia at the little tip across from Venice, a whole colosseum nearly the same size as the one in Rome, with the caviat that I was the only one there. Made it much more enjoyable. 

That whole part of Europe is very nice, but Albania still takes my top spot 🙂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Ship Eichel off to Slovenia.... Er....siberia eh? 

I really enjoyed Pula Croatia at the little tip across from Venice, a whole colosseum nearly the same size as the one in Rome, with the caviat that I was the only one there. Made it much more enjoyable. 

That whole part of Europe is very nice, but Albania still takes my top spot 🙂

You should have seen Albania before they opened it up.  We were snuck acrost the boarder by an Albanian living in Montenegro.  Spectacular and not one single tourist.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

You should have seen Albania before they opened it up.  We were snuck acrost the boarder by an Albanian living in Montenegro.  Spectacular and not one single tourist.

I didn't see a single tourist lol, it was also the dead of winter and I was nowhere near the tourist spots 🙂

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

^

A broken thumb is significant, and, I think, helps explain his limited effectiveness.

I'd imagine he'll be back to being a PPG+ player next season.

Open question: Will he be able to stay healthy?

History says no

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

^

A broken thumb is significant, and, I think, helps explain his limited effectiveness.

Eventually I will stop caring about how Eichel is doing. Not just yet, though.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

^

The thing is … I’ll go out on a limb and say he’ll never reach 82 points in a season. Between injuries, line chemistry, coaching, and slumps …. Eichel will never get to 82 points in a season. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.