Rasmus Dahlin has evolved and is good

LGR4GM

5 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Congratulations to former first overall pick Rasmus Dahlin on becoming the fastest player in league history to reach the level of Superstar Producer from Dumb (52 games).

Let’s be honest here , the only person looking dumb now is the person who created that thread 

7 minutes ago, IKnowPhysics said:

Congratulations to former first overall pick Rasmus Dahlin on becoming the fastest player in league history to reach the level of Superstar Producer from Dumb (52 games).

for the three of us who will appreciate this one...

Virtual Reality Computers GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, PASabreFan said:

Good thread title. Perfectly stated.

Agree, but seeing a thread starting with "Rasmus Dahlin" on trade deadline day makes my butt pucker every time I see it.  Probably would have been better to discuss tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1

You mean to tell me a young player has developed well over the course of two or three years? That like… Never happens. Weird. That coaching systems should never be taken into account when evaluating young players.
I was thinking that once we got a good look at a player in the NHL at 19 or 20…  that is all that they will ever become and be. Boy how embarrassing …  😂

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

image.jpeg.de51e9a2dc38a40401b263b7f6313950.jpeg

Do you watch Hot Ones on YouTube? I think they use that hot sauce as one of their choices or something like it with that name.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

You mean to tell me a young player has developed well over the course of two or three years? That like… Never happens. Weird. That coaching systems should never be taken into account when evaluating young players.
I was thinking that once we got a good look at a player in the NHL at 19 or 20…  that is all that they will ever become and be. Boy how embarrassing …  😂

Do you watch Hot Ones on YouTube? I think they use that hot sauce as one of their choices or something like it with that name.

image.thumb.png.2f845baab054dd4df1717beb28177668.png

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I do watch it and yeah, I think this sauce was used at one time or another. 

3 hours ago, Norcal said:

From the same draft, Quinn Hughes has more points in less NHL games so far but Dahlin should outproduce him over the span of their careers. 

Maybe , maybe not but there is no way I’m taking Hughes over Dahlin.  

There’s a bit of nasty in Rasmus and we are just starting to see it from him.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Maybe , maybe not but there is no way I’m taking Hughes over Dahlin.  

There’s a bit of nasty in Rasmus and we are just starting to see it from him.  

He has definitely realized he's bigger than 2/3rds of the league and he's starting to assert it. 

The next time Rat Marchand wants to take him on he'll be ready.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Norcal said:

From the same draft, Quinn Hughes has more points in less NHL games so far but Dahlin should outproduce him over the span of their careers. 

That stat really surprised me.  Obviously Hughes is an immensely talented offensive D, but watching both last night I'd rather have Dahlin.  

• Like (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

That stat really surprised me.  Obviously Hughes is an immensely talented offensive D, but watching both last night I'd rather have Dahlin.  

I have a theory (I think many people agree) that tall/long limbed players (6’3” Dahlin, 6’4” Ekblad, 6’6” Hedman) take longer to develop into their best selves than more compact/smaller players (5’10” Hughes, 5’11 Makar and Fox).

• Like (+1) 2