Devon Levi: Hober Baker Finalist

LGR4GM

22 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It’s been a slow steady slog away from athletes toward massive puck blockers in net.

Would be nice if Levi is more edge of the wedge for a new wave of goaltending as opposed to a high-risk outlier.

Getting smaller and more athletic like Hasek vs 6'6" monsters?

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Getting smaller and more athletic like Hasek vs 6'6" monsters?

Kinda. Certainly not Hasek-like in style. Tracking still being the optimum skill like the monsters.

But quicker and more more reliant on making saves, instead of simply covering most of the net.

Should there be any concern that Hughes a D and Beniers a C with Michigan are also included and Power isn't?? I could care less who actually wins the award but Hughes over Power is a legitimate question.

18 minutes ago, jsb said:

Should there be any concern that Hughes a D and Beniers a C with Michigan are also included and Power isn't?? I could care less who actually wins the award but Hughes over Power is a legitimate question.

Power's production dropped in the 2nd half so not really. 

I think it’s pretty much out there that the Sabres were talking to the Sharks about Reinhart before ending up flipping him for Levi.

But Jeff Marek just dropped a nugget that another team in heavy for Sam was St. Louis, which didn’t happen when the Blues declined to include Ville Husso.

Edited by dudacek

50 minutes ago, jsb said:

It was reported he was not under consideration because he missed so much time going to the Olympics.

• Thanks (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, jsb said:

Power was voted to the Big 10 1st Team while Hughes was voted to the 2nd team. I wouldn’t put too much stock into it. As was said, Power has played well since the Olympics but the points haven’t been there.

28 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Tom Barrasso went right from high school to nhl 

And Fenwick? Huh? Isn't that what you use to clean floors with? 

I’m not saying it’s the right thing to do but that does happen.

Levi was head to head with Spencer Knight at the World Juniors. Knight is now with the Panthers.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

Does. northeastern have a chance to play in the tournament if they lose today?  Behind 2-1 last I saw 

2 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I’ll answer my own question.   Ranked 10th so likely an invite 

This is so selfish but I'd rather they miss out.  Keep our Huskie hungry, and get him in Blue and Gold sooner.

Edited by Eleven

No. 14 Northeastern Huskies (25-12-1)

How they got here: They won the Hockey East regular-season championship and earned an at-large bid.

Key stat: The Huskies are not what you would call a traditionally dominant team. They give up the 12th-most shots on goal per game (31.7) and put up the 11th-fewest (26.8).

Top player: It's Devon Levi in a runaway. That thing about giving up a ton of shots on goal per game? It doesn't matter when you have a .952 goalie. And that's 962 shots, way more than Perets faced (538) in two fewer appearances.

NHL draft picks: 8 (Montréal's Jordan Harris and Jayden Struble; Anaheim's Sam Colangelo; Buffalo's Devon Levi; the Rangers' Riley Hughes; Nashville's Gunnarwolfe Fontaine; Ottawa's Jakov Novak; Vancouver's Aidan McDonough)

Quick fact: The Huskies are the only team in the tournament that didn't score at least 100 goals this season — they had just 98 in 38 games — but they still finished plus+32 in goals.

https://eprinkside.com/2022/03/23/ncaa-tournament-preview-can-michigan-meet-its-lofty-expectations