GDT: 3/10/2022, Vegas Knight @ Buffalo Sabres, 7pm ESPN+ ๐Ÿ“บ and wgr ๐Ÿ“ป

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I hope Jack got a good look at these Sabres. He never saw a tighter team when he was here.

That tightness was evident during the post game tribute to Anderson. Terrific highlight video that included a congrats from his parents and you could see how touched Anderson was and every one of his teammates stayed out there in the moment. Good stuff to witness up close.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

ย 

People are going to defend him by saying that it was right after a tough, emotional loss, and that it must be hard to go out and be booed.

I agree, but it is in difficult situations where people show you who they really are. ย Eichel is a great player and on a good team, he can be an important piece, I have no doubt. ย But he is kind of bratty, I donโ€™t think he is much of a leader, and if Vegas is expecting that Eichel will put them on his back and pull them out of struggling Iโ€™m afraid that they may be disappointed.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I'm Twitter illiterate, so where do I find the text or reports gathered from Peters that help me stay big mad at the pompous, ginger chowdahead Jack Eichel. Sincerely, though, eff Eichel. I've rubbed elbows with him enough to know he's a grade-A doosh.

Andrew Peters said he and Craig Rivet were doing an emergency podcast tonight to discuss this topic. Will be up tomorrow I assume.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/after-the-whistle-with-andrew-peters-craig-rivet/id1590573108

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, inkman said:

Having Jack as the heel is kinda awesome but his post game comments donโ€™t mean much to me. ย Dude has been through a lot. It was emotional for him. ย I mean I donโ€™t like him but I understand his behavior. ย 

He's been through a lot?! Really?

He's been a pampered prodigy for a LONG time. He's rich. Other than a neck injury that's apparently already behind him (I've seen much worse in many family members), he's still healthy, young, and living a dream.ย 

Let's not expend empathy for this particular, permed prince that we wouldn't extend to so many other human beings who have it much rougher. He's an arrogant arse. Doesn't make him a criminal, but it does make him hate-able.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

He's been through a lot?! Really?

He's been a pampered prodigy for a LONG time. He's rich. Other than a neck injury that's apparently already behind him (I've seen much worse in many family members), he's still healthy, young, and living a dream.ย 

Let's not expend empathy for this particular, permed prince that we wouldn't extend to so many other human beings who have it much rougher. He's an arrogant arse. Doesn't make him a criminal, but it does make him hate-able.

I meant emotionally, not that he stormed the beaches of Normandy.ย 

• Haha (+1) 5

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

ย 

I listened to Rivet for hundreds of hours during Jack's career and he never once mentioned that he had a problem with Eichel's interviews lol. Rivet regularlyย glowedย about Jack, including his presence in the locker room, on the insitgators as recently as 2021.ย I get there being catharsis from the way this game played out, but I always feel uneasy when Sabres fans get into moods like this, especially when the team is still just as bad as ever. It was a feel-good moment that feels dirtier and uglier the more people tweet about it, but ultimately it was also another meaningless moment in a meaningless season

Krebs was honestly horrendous outside of the goal unfortunately. The top line got gummed up, but seemed to play it evenly the other way.ย 

Hinostroza is a guy that the Sabres rarely hit on for the bottom 6. If the Sabres are really different this time, he will stick around for next year's fourth line and they won't have any anchors there. If it's more of the same, he will be elsewhere and we will still ice a bottom 10 line in the entire NHL

Great game from Anderson, the perfect game to get win 300 on, rock solid.ย 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I listened to Rivet for hundreds of hours during Jack's career and he never once mentioned that he had a problem with Eichel's interviews lol. Rivet regularlyย glowedย about Jack, including his presence in the locker room, on the insitgators as recently as 2021.ย I get there being catharsis from the way this game played out, but I always feel uneasy when Sabres fans get into moods like this, especially when the team is still just as bad as ever. It was a feel-good moment that feels dirtier and uglier the more people tweet about it, but ultimately it was also another meaningless moment in a meaningless season

Rivet's no longer working for the team, and both he and Peters have been less than complimentary about ***** the ice in their new format, FWIW.

Just now, Sabel79 said:

Rivet's no longer working for the team, and both he and Peters have been less than complimentary about ***** the ice in their new format, FWIW.

LOLZ.

I'm leaving it as is, seems appropriate.ย ย 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Sabel79 said:

That's a fair point. Do the Sabres keep their thumbs on WGR hosts that strongly? I've definitely not heard anything to that degree about the Bills before. But I also wouldn't be surprised if Craig is just being reactionary and going with the flow

48 minutes ago, Curt said:

But he is kind of bratty, I donโ€™t think he is much of a leader

Watch the Tuch postgame interview.... when asked about the fan reaction to Eichel he said, "I'd rather not talk about that, I'd rather focus on our team."ย  See Jack?ย  That's what class sounds like.

42 minutes ago, inkman said:

Having Jack as the heel is kinda awesome but his post game comments donโ€™t mean much to me. ย Dude has been through a lot. It was emotional for him. ย I mean I donโ€™t like him but I understand his behavior. ย 

I understand his behavior and that's why I don't like him.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Hinostroza is a guy that the Sabres rarely hit on for the bottom 6. If the Sabres are really different this time, he will stick around for next year's fourth line and they won't have any anchors there. If it's more of the same, he will be elsewhere and we will still ice a bottom 10 line in the entire NHL.

I was going to post sometehing similar.ย  ย They're a much better, faster team with him in the lineup.ย  Really hope they don't trade him.

Edited by pi2000
  • Like (+1) 5