GDT: 3/10/2022, Vegas Knight @ Buffalo Sabres, 7pm ESPN+ 📺 and wgr 📻

LGR4GM

5 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

The only hope is that they miss the playoffs and don't win the lottery (protected). Or better yet, miss the playoffs and get #2 overall in the lottery. Then, because of the over-the-capness, loose good players in the offseason, then suffer injuries and Eichel-discontent next season and plummet to last place and win the lottery but are in 32nd so it doesn't count as a repeat. And we take Bedard for free with their pick.

And go on to a 12 year playoff drought😎

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

Too bad we lost Sam in the process of moving on from Jack.

They're cut from a similar cloth. Like Paul Hamilton or not, Reinharts petty rant on him was pretty low brow. In Reinharts case though he's got the whole silver spoon NHL kid thing going too. And he's from Vancouver!

• Like (+1) 1

Great atmosphere, I almost forgot what it was like to have fans in the stands and it was a blast.

Craig Anderson was not being denied his 300th win, you could see that mid 1st period. It must feel great to be in that class and he definitely deserves it.

I don't get the tributes for old players, I know he was a former player but he and Reinhart never got us anywhere, if they won us a Stanley Cup I could see it but just because you're a long time player doesn't mean we should be giving players tributes imo.

Anyone who believed this didn't matter to the players were mistaken. You could tell this game had plenty of meaning to all involved and you can tell by Jacks comments after the game that how much it meant oh and he's still not a leader of men but I thought he played hard.

How awesome was it that Krebs scores the first goal of the game and Tuch steals the puck from Eichel to win the game? I can't wait until this guy is the Captain next year!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Mike Harrington damage control. 🙄

For the record, Harrington… You can stop promoting and apologizing for Eichel… We know the guy… 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Broken Ankles said:

Another useless quote from Harrington.  ***** big picture.  Dude has to be a contrarian to everything.  

He spent the last two days chiding people who would boo. Turns out Sabres fans knew better. God, it felt great to see our fans stick up for their team!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Mike Harrington damage control. 🙄

I remember the time a few years ago where the crowd at the Ralph was whipped into a frenzy chanting "***** tom brady" from outside the gates all the way to the seats and into the first quarter, booing Brady so freaking loud every play.

I mean, the crowd was seriously frenzied!!

Brady proceeded to put up 28 in the first that day on his way to a 56-31 victory thanks to se late TT points. 

Two different athletes.

Brady made people pay for that kinda *****, Jack waits till after the game to express emotions about an emotional game instead of channeling that into a few goals and a win.

And I HATE Brady

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Paul Hamilton postgame: Mike Harrington had to ask Knights PR to get Jack to come out of the locker to speak with reporters. Wow.

Exactly what I would expect from Jack. NOT A LEADER, NOT A WINNER, Best thing that happened is:  He is gone

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Gotta give Granato props tonight, too… He had ‘em ready to play… got ‘em to survive the 2nd period onslaught… sent ‘em out in the 3rd buzzin’… and matched lines well for the finish… Masterful coaching job…

• Like (+1) 2

Fun game to be at with probably the largest crowd I’ve seen all season. If not for Anderson, we lose that game. Imo, this was the worst officiating group we’ve had in a while. The game was chippy, but they missed numerous calls all night. 

Eichel got a rude welcome back. I neither cheered him or booed him because he’s just another player on another team at this point. I hadn’t heard his post game remarks until I got back home, but the same fans that were booing him during the game also gave him a standing ovation during his tribute video, so I find his remarks both insulting and classless. He’s a great talent and he’s gonna get his, but he’s still a grade A masshole. 

• Like (+1) 4