Jump to content

2022-2023 Buffalo Bills Thread


Brawndo
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 7/14/2022 at 1:22 PM, shrader said:

Ahhh the NBA, where suddenly it's spanish if you put "los" on the jersey in front of the team name.

Los Lakers is the one that got me. Come on...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, shrader said:

Yep, we can't translate lake to spanish.  Nope, no one would understand.

How bout the city they play in. Maybe just keep that on the front.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Is Isiah McKenzie going to have a bigger role this season?

Assuredly, he’s going to get Beasley’s targets and still maintain the gadget play aspect of his game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The practice-play that resulted in the scuffle confuses me. Allen wears the red no contact jersey, but he was carrying the ball between tackles in a goal line drill? If I have that mostly right, I’m not sure how the D can fully avoid contact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2022 at 10:12 PM, inkman said:

Assuredly, he’s going to get Beasley’s targets and still maintain the gadget play aspect of his game. 

With Crowder lacking the most important ability (availability), this seems very likely.

I’ve read that his huge game against NE was a bit of an aberration because they did nothing but play him with man-coverage, and that the real challenge was for him to be savvy like Beasley was in finding those pockets in zone coverage. There was a play from camp that the Bills Tweeted this week where McKenzie briefly dipped and drove his shoulder into a d-back before almost pirouetting (sp?), back pedaling, and catching an easy score. I take that as an encouraging sign.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Smoking weed 1 year  Suspension

And waston gets 6 games .

Welp NFL  You ***** up once again

Don’t see how that’s on the NFL since they recommended a one year suspension to the arbiter. I’d be surprised if the league doesn’t appeal the ruling and besides, Goodall has final say anyway. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Don’t see how that’s on the NFL since they recommended a one year suspension to the arbiter. I’d be surprised if the league doesn’t appeal the ruling and besides, Goodall has final say anyway. 

You are right that Goodall has the final say and can more severely punish this sleazeball player. However, if he does, then the issue is going to be challenged by the union (which it is not challenging the judge's ruling and punishment recommendation) and then the case will go into the legal system. If that happens there is a good chance that there can be a legal ruling that allows the player to get back on the field while the case is being adjudicated. As you well know that will only keep this scuzzy issue alive for a much longer period of time. It has to remembered that the judge who was examining the case was not reviewing all the more than 20 abuse claims. She was reviewing only four cases, and then made here ruling.  

My sense (opinion) is that Goodell either will accept the judge's six game punishment or he might add a couple of games to make the punishment an eight game period. I don't believe that he wants this tawdry affair to exist for another year. Goodell has been in his position for a long time. He knows that whatever decision he makes will be publicly debated and criticized. It's in his interest to get this case finalized and then deal with the claims against the creepy Washington owner, Dan Synder. That might be an even more tricky case for the Commish. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, K-9 said:

Don’t see how that’s on the NFL since they recommended a one year suspension to the arbiter. I’d be surprised if the league doesn’t appeal the ruling and besides, Goodall has final say anyway. 

They could have recommended he be barred for life 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JohnC said:

You are right that Goodall has the final say and can more severely punish this sleazeball player. However, if he does, then the issue is going to be challenged by the union (which it is not challenging the judge's ruling and punishment recommendation) and then the case will go into the legal system. If that happens there is a good chance that there can be a legal ruling that allows the player to get back on the field while the case is being adjudicated. As you well know that will only keep this scuzzy issue alive for a much longer period of time. It has to remembered that the judge who was examining the case was not reviewing all the more than 20 abuse claims. She was reviewing only four cases, and then made here ruling.  

My sense (opinion) is that Goodell either will accept the judge's six game punishment or he might add a couple of games to make the punishment an eight game period. I don't believe that he wants this tawdry affair to exist for another year. Goodell has been in his position for a long time. He knows that whatever decision he makes will be publicly debated and criticized. It's in his interest to get this case finalized and then deal with the claims against the creepy Washington owner, Dan Synder. That might be an even more tricky case for the Commish. 

Well, the NFLPA certainly has a high court that couldn’t care less about collectively bargained rights, unlike previous courts, so perhaps they will challenge Goodell’s forthcoming decision to disregard the arbiter’s ruling of six games. But given the sheer public outrage at the light penalty and the arbiter’s own language in her ruling, I look for Goodell to at least double the suspension. We will know within three days. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • spndnchz changed the title to 2022-2023 Buffalo Bills Thread
  • spndnchz locked this topic
  • Brawndo unlocked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...