GDT: 2/23/2022 Sabres at Canadiens, 6:30 pm CT (that's 7:30 ET for you Buffalonians) MSG, WGR

Doohickie

22 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I’m guessing there are covid protocol issues with getting JJ into tonight’s lineup in Montreal? 

Mainly being in the COVID world that Ra-cha-cha to Moe-ray-all teleporter is non-functional.  😉

(He wasn't called up w/ Olofsson being out, Biro got the call.)

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Where is Zemgus? Injured?

For like the past 6 weeks or so.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

It wasn't that long ago a lot of people were done with Okposo and Girgensons, but my god does the bottom of the lineup look terrible without them.

Lot of pressure on the Mitts line to give the Thompson line some help.

Krebs and Cozens both shaking out as Wings would be the worst case scenario that leaves the C position in dire need. This is why I’m still looking for a solid C prospect add with one of our 3 firsts 

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Mainly being in the COVID world that Ra-cha-cha to Moe-ray-all teleporter is non-functional.  😉

(He wasn't called up w/ Olofsson being out, Biro got the call.)

For like the past 6 weeks or so.

40 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Yes.  Undisclosed injury, week to week.

What s###ty luck.

35 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Krebs and Cozens both shaking out as Wings would be the worst case scenario that leaves the C position in dire need. This is why I’m still looking for a solid C prospect add with one of our 3 firsts 

You get a little draft lottery luck and you end up with JJP-Cooley/Wright/Savoie-Quinn 3rd line, what's possibly not to like?? 

OMG don't go into your Debbie Downer mood again  image.png.a1ec4690f28b5d02a665c590186db5fb.png

Edited by jsb

33 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I think that’s more due to the lack of talented wings in the lineup rather than where they will necessarily be long term. In 2 years adding Quinn and JJP into the top 6 (at least Quinn) can push them back to center. Right now, of our 6 most talented forwards, 4 are centers, it makes sense that they may play on the wings some in this case.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I don’t see this as anything other than putting your top 6 most talented players in your top 6 because of extreme circumstances.

We literally have all 4 middle 6 wingers (Okposo, Girgensons, Olofsson Hinostroza) plus our best wing prospect (Quinn) out.

• Like (+1) 6

15 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

I think that’s more due to the lack of talented wings in the lineup rather than where they will necessarily be long term. In 2 years adding Quinn and JJP into the top 6 (at least Quinn) can push them back to center. Right now, of our 6 most talented forwards, 4 are centers, it makes sense that they may play on the wings some in this case.

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I don’t see this as anything other than putting your top 6 most talented players in your top 6 because of extreme circumstances.

We literally have all 4 middle 6 wingers (Okposo, Girgensons, Olofsson Hinostroza) plus our best wing prospect (Quinn) out.

I said “would be”. Not that it had already happened. 

It’s certainly a possibility the two in question end up on wing - it’s not some absurd likelihood. Considering the system is already much, much more loaded at W, considering there are NO centres in the pipeline, I’d feel a lot better with a reasonable one added to the system in case we do end up looking down the gullet at a Tage - Casey top 6 C spine. 

I don’t know why it’s so hard to understand the fact that there are a total of 4 centres with top 6 upside in the entire organization. They are good centres, but the pool is minuscule. 

- - - 

All I’m saying is that I’d like to add to the pool in a meaningful way. So controversial to not assume all prospects will reach their absolute ceiling. A vastly negative stance. 

Josh Bloom tracked similarly to Wright for 2 weeks while filling in at C, I keep forgetting. We are good at C, just ignore it round 1/2 for 3 years running 

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

I said “would be”. Not that it had already happened. 

It’s certainly a possibility the two in question end up on wing - it’s not some absurd likelihood. Considering the system is already much, much more loaded at W, considering there are NO centres in the pipeline, I’d feel a lot better with a reasonable one added to the system in case we do end up looking down the gullet at a Tage - Casey top 6 C spine. 

I don’t know why it’s so hard to understand the fact that there are a total of 4 centres with top 6 upside in the entire organization. They are good centres, but the pool is minuscule. 

- - - 

All I’m saying is that I’d like to add to the pool in a meaningful way. So controversial to not assume all prospects will reach their absolute ceiling. A vastly negative stance. 

Josh Bloom tracked similarly to Wright for 2 weeks while filling in at C, I keep forgetting. We are good at C, just ignore it round 1/2 for 3 years running 

I think we’ve established that the Sabres can use more centres in the system.

But the reason is they don’t have many who aren’t already on the team, not because we might need both Cozens and Krebs on the wing.

Edited by dudacek

9 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I think we’ve established that the Sabres can use more centres in the system.

But the reason is they don’t have many who aren’t already on the team, not because we might need both Cozens on the wing.

But I already explained: I didn’t look at today’s lineup and say “uh oh”. The idea that Cozens/Krebs could end up on wing has always been a possibility. Seeing them listed in that spot simply reminded me of what our C spine COULD look like and thus I used this fact as a jumping off point for something I wanted to say about the need to find a high level prospect C in the now-term. Ie in the draft. 

It was a post about the draft. It would be nice to perhaps get maybe a “wrong thread” response (I guess?) rather than further inferences in a long line of inferences that I’m being negative or that it’s needs to be explained to me that the lineup is missing players on W currently as if I am unable to grasp this fact. 

Regardless - you are saying the point I tried (and evidently failed) to make has already been established so I will refrain from mentioning my draft preferences if I can remember to do so 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

But I already explained: I didn’t look at today’s lineup and say “uh oh”. The idea that Cozens/Krebs could end up on wing has always been a possibility. Seeing them listed in that spot simply reminded me of what our C spine COULD look like and thus I used this fact as a jumping off point for something I wanted to say about the need to find a high level prospect C in the now-term. Ie in the draft. 

It was a post about the draft. It would be nice to perhaps get maybe a “wrong thread” response (I guess?) rather than further inferences in a long line of inferences that I’m being negative or that it’s needs to be explained to me that the lineup is missing players on W currently as if I am unable to grasp this fact. 

Regardless - you are saying the point I tried (and evidently failed) to make has already been established so I will refrain from mentioning my draft preferences if I can remember to do so 

Apologize for misreading your initial post.

My take was simply that the only scenario I see where both Cozens and Krebs end up on the wing long-term is one where we have 3 legitimate centres forcing them there.

8 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Would love to sweep the Habs.  They need to show up and score some goals. 

If I were Granato… I would tell my guys   “We aren’t in the playoffs this year… but I want you to play as if this game tonight is a playoff series final… We want that sweep… Now go get it!”

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.