Could Sabres of mid 2020's look like Lightning of past few years??

sweetlou

It may take another three years of player development and experience but could the Sabres be "the Team" come 2025??  Listed major players on roster and not JAG's who could be filled by veterans.

Stamkos- Thompson is closest comparable

Kucherov- Mitts and Quinn (neither will be as good, but combined could come close)

Point- Krebs

Killorn- Tuch

Palat- Skinner

Cirelli- Cozens

Hedman- Dahlin

McDonagh- Joker

Sergachev-Power

Cernak- Samuelsson

Vasi- UPL/ Levi/ Portillo

Gourde- Paterka

I purposely left Olofsson off because I don't think he will be around in a few years.  I also have no idea about future picks who could be our young prospects in a few years.

Bad comparison in my opinion.  None of those players match.  We are "hopefully" more of a Vegas type team that is deep with good players and depth that will play as a single unit and keep coming at you in waves with no let down.  We need this to be the case and be more than the sum of our parts.  A little heart would help!!!

Go Sabres!!!!

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, sweetlou said:

It may take another three years of player development and experience but could the Sabres be "the Team" come 2025??  Listed major players on roster and not JAG's who could be filled by veterans.

Kucherov- Mitts and Quinn (neither will be as good, but combined could come close)

Point- Krebs

Killorn- Tuch

Palat- Skinner

Cirelli- Cozens

Hedman- Dahlin

McDonagh- Joker

Sergachev-Power

Cernak- Samuelsson

Gourde- Paterka

I purposely left Olofsson off because I don't think he will be around in a few years.  I also have no idea about future picks who could be our young prospects in a few years.

Ask me in 3 years

22 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Honestly, the Sabres are unlikely to be like Tampa Bay.  Recent versions of Boston, Nashville, and St. Louis seem more realistic.

Not sure I envision the same comparisons.  A more mature version of the young Sabres above may certainly have talent, but I feel like the team needs more players who can also play a physical style, especially for playoff hockey.  Not saying "goons", but rather players who can contribute to the scoring but also win puck battles along the boards, neutralize defenders in front of our net, etc.  Tampa's 3rd and 4th lines last year were significant.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, sweetlou said:

Point- Krebs

Killorn- Tuch

Palat- Skinner

Cirelli- Cozens

Hedman- Dahlin

McDonagh- Joker

Sergachev-Power

Cernak- Samuelsson

Gourde- Paterka

How are Stamkos and Tage comparable? Stamkos had 50 goals in his 2nd season, will be first ballot hall of famer. I like Tage but there is no comparison.

lol, that is some crazy optimism. I applaud your hope. 

Thinking that every single one of these young guys will max out is pretty crazy but we should have some good young players and hopefully some leaders and stars that we can build an identity around. I think a comparison to Carolina might be more reachable.

In the long run, optimistically I think Levi will be a Vezina candidate goalie. We don't have a Stamkos or a Kucherov right now though. Power, however, will be much better than Sergachev. 

As for Gourde, we don't have one right now, but we could use 2 or 3. 

5 hours ago, SabresBillsFan said:

^ This, Dahlin isn’t even close to Hedman and nobody on this Sabres roster is like Stamkos, Point or Kucherov. 

No they are not. We had elite forwards in Eichel and Sam but failed to build around them and they are gone. I see some good young players but nothing like what Tampa has. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.