2022 World Junior Championship-Dec 26 to Jan 5 in Edmonton and Red Deer, Alberta.

Norcal

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

The Slovakia team is going to be very interesting. 

I don’t see Slafkovsky on their roster.

The roster in the posting above was for the four nations tourney. I read elsewhere that Slafkovsky is one of their key guys.

Edited by French Collection

5 hours ago, Brawndo said:

I'm bummed as to Poltapov and Kisakov not being on there, particularly Poltapov, whose game I have really enjoyed in clips and who I wanted to watch in this setting.

As anyone heard scuttlebutt as to why he's not there (Kisakov too) and several less-highly-drafted prospects are?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Digger said:

Hoping that the WJC is able to proceed without concerns.  I believe all teams are in Canada now for the tournament.  My favorite to watch over Christmas break.

I think that I heard that they have already cancelled the pre-tournament games.

I will be surprised if this happens atall.

On 12/14/2021 at 12:33 PM, dudacek said:

I'm bummed as to Poltapov and Kisakov not being on there, particularly Poltapov, whose game I have really enjoyed in clips and who I wanted to watch in this setting.

As anyone heard scuttlebutt as to why he's not there (Kisakov too) and several less-highly-drafted prospects are?

Russia habitually takes a very old team to this tournament.  20 year olds and players who are playing regularly in the KHL are generally given priority over 18-19 year olds.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.