2022 World Junior Championship-Dec 26 to Jan 5 in Edmonton and Red Deer, Alberta.

Norcal

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

I think that I heard that they have already cancelled the pre-tournament games.

I will be surprised if this happens atall.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/world-juniors/article/iihf-announces-no-new-positive-covid-19-tests-among-world-juniors-players/

I think they have created a “bubble” of sorts. There is very little interaction between teams and the public.

Good thing is, no positive tests for all teams at this point.

Hope they can pull it off, I am glued to this tournament during the holidays and it may be the only hockey on TV.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Derrico said:

I want to see Owen Power.  The grinch has cancelled several Sabres games.  

Really hoping this can move forward safely in the bubble.

https://www.tsn.ca/hockey-canada/video/power-employs-patience-more-than-physicality-as-points-soar~2342945

Michigan coach on Power.

• Thanks (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Why would the Sabres not let JJP play in the WJC…unless they left the decision up to him and he said no?

Enquiring minds want to know?

The prevailing thought is JJP was going to be loaned to Germany for either the WJCs or the Olympics, with the latter being the players preference. 

12 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The prevailing thought is JJP was going to be loaned to Germany for either the WJCs or the Olympics, with the latter being the players preference. 

Can the Sabres still send him? Or does being under an NHL contract prevent that now?

I'm not against Peterka going if that's what he wants.

But I'm not sure how the WJC would help his development.

He has already played at the WJC twice and dominated his 2nd trip.

And he is flirting with being a top 10 scorer in the AHL on a team that would suffer without him.

I'd rather him continue playing against better competition in Rochester instead of toying with other kids and losing in the process.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, French Collection said:

Watched about half of the USA-Finland game.

Lambert did not catch my eye, he is on PP2 but there were many guys that looked better.

Kemmell was OK, loves to shoot. He has the confidence of the coaching staff.

Lambert has a Kessel vibe but I have no idea if he knows how to use his skills to impact a game.

Owen Power had a solid game.

He was QB on PP1 and made some nice plays. He skates well and joins the rush quite often. He looks mature and does not panic with the puck in his own end. His reach was evident a few times, keeping the puck in and closing a gap.

Novikov played a third pairing role, getting one assist. He is big and looks like a shut down type.

Michkov was Russia’s best player, 2023 draft eligible. Looks like a young Tarasenko to me.

13 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Owen Power had a solid game.

He was QB on PP1 and made some nice plays. He skates well and joins the rush quite often. He looks mature and does not panic with the puck in his own end. His reach was evident a few times, keeping the puck in and closing a gap.

Novikov played a third pairing role, getting one assist. He is big and looks like a shut down type.

Michkov was Russia’s best player, 2023 draft eligible. Looks like a young Tarasenko to me.

Don't have much to add, matches my take. Novikov plays hard and has a physical presence.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.