GDT, Nov. 18: The Flames of Calgary @ The Sabres of Buffalo, 7PM (MSG, SN360)

Thorny

1 hour ago, Zamboni said:

The Flames are 8-3-5 so far this season

Big deal.  They're a .500 team with a bunch of loser points.  That's right, their record is 8-8 if you lump all their losses in the same bucket.  The Sabres are 7-8.  So basically the two teams have the same record.

Time to put the Flames out.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Big deal.  They're a .500 team with a bunch of loser points.  That's right, their record is 8-8 if you lump all their losses in the same bucket.  The Sabres are 7-8.  So basically the two teams have the same record.

Time to put the Flames out.

Loser points?  

Yuri, that DeLuca math just does not hold up.  8-8, versus 7-8 implies that 2 point separates the teams.  

They have 21 points in 16 games.  We have 16 points in 15 games.   A tie in regulation still gets you 1 point, even if you “lose” in the fake hockey overtime.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Donald Audette was tougher than I remember. He'd be great in todays game.

Audette was Crosby-level filthy.  The absolute best I've ever seen at putting the stick blade in the back of an opponent's knee, wiping him out, and getting away with it.  Would have absolutely hated him had he not been a Sabre at most times relevant.  

47 minutes ago, Sabel79 said:

Audette was Crosby-level filthy.  The absolute best I've ever seen at putting the stick blade in the back of an opponent's knee, wiping him out, and getting away with it.  Would have absolutely hated him had he not been a Sabre at most times relevant.  

Audette was what Nathan Gerbe wanted to be when he grew up.  Alas, Nathan was destined to remain in Never Never Land.

2 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

Didn’t Craig Muni break Audettes knee twice? Then they played together 

Much different times. Audette was just trying to survive that era of hockey. 

Audette got cheap shotted by Muni & blew out his knee.

Don't blame him one bit for the stuff he did to try to keep people from taking further liberties. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Didn’t Craig Muni break Audettes knee twice? Then they played together 

20 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Much different times. Audette was just trying to survive that era of hockey. 

20 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Audette got cheap shotted by Muni & blew out his knee.

Don't blame him one bit for the stuff he did to try to keep people from taking further liberties. 

This is all correct.  And for the record: I loved Donald.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.