GDT:The Season Opener! Montreal at Buffalo 10/14/21 7pm MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

Eakin being in the starting lineup represents a disappointing and obvious roster failure from the GM, unless the intention is to lose. 

After getting what needed to be said out of the way:

4-2 Sabres, Mittelstadt with 2, cOzens with an empty netter, and Dahlin with a couple helpers 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Projected Lines 

Pretty sure Lance only put the GEO line 4th to keep heads from exploding.  If they get less 5v5 ice time than the Cozens line will be shocked & will be surprised if they get appreciably less than the Thompson line.

Ruotsalainen working through as a D-man in drills.  Annoying but understandable until there's an 8th healthy D-man with him being out of the top 12.  But fer cryin' out loud, get him in the top 12.

Will be interesting to see if Eichel gets announced at the start of the game.  Samuelsson will be.  Will put it 20/80 that Jack is mentioned.  That could be, how do they say, um, awkward.

Edited by Taro T

No Carey Price gives me some hope for Gm1.  I'm going to be looking for a strong effort for a full 60 minutes and hope everyone plays like their job is on the line - because it is.  

I'm not surprised with Eakin in game 1 vs a younger player.  He will either make his case to stay on the roster, or to be released by the team in the first 10-15 games.  I expect most these forwards are on short leashes this season and coaching is going to be looking for game-to-game improvement and effort when making roster decisions.  

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Eakin/Caggiula/Bjork <<<<<< R2. 

Yeah, R2 needs to be in the lineup somewhere.  I'd put him in place of Eakin even.

3 minutes ago, Eichless21 said:

I’ve actually never been more excited over a  rebuild. We’ve always gone off track during every other rebuild, and I just feel like Adams is going to keep us on track and build us a winner

Same.  And welcome to Sabrespace!

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, SHAAAUGHT!!! said:

No Carey Price gives me some hope for Gm1.  I'm going to be looking for a strong effort for a full 60 minutes and hope everyone plays like their job is on the line - because it is.  

I'm not surprised with Eakin in game 1 vs a younger player.  He will either make his case to stay on the roster, or to be released by the team in the first 10-15 games.  I expect most these forwards are on short leashes this season and coaching is going to be looking for game-to-game improvement and effort when making roster decisions.  

I hope you're right but I doubt they waive him.  Even if he's not playing he'll be the 13th forward.

Just now, New Scotland (NS) said:

2112 ...

....and the meek shall inherit the earth.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Eichless21 said:

I’ve actually never been more excited over a  rebuild. We’ve always gone off track during every other rebuild, and I just feel like Adams is going to keep us on track and build us a winner

Welcome to our loving, but very dysfunctional, family.

Sent you a beer ... cheers!!

Great first post.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.