Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

On 5/11/2022 at 9:48 PM, Norcal said:

And he helped the Sabres to pick number 16. Thanks Jack. 

Next time the VGK come to KBC I want to see an Eichel tribute video featuring the #16 pick and "THANK YOU JACK" at the end.

22 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

I don't have the time to waste hating people like Jack or being bitter about him.

If you're good at it, it doesn't take hardly any time at all.

• Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Next time the VGK come to KBC I want to see an Eichel tribute video featuring the #16 pick and "THANK YOU JACK" at the end.

I'll take just the #16 pick being worth a damn.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

You know what the sad part is?  Until Trump, I was a semi-regular at local Republican Party functions for almost 20 years.  (I am still registered Conservative.)  Some of those people look familiar and may actually know who I am.  Sadly, my skin colour and turban are all that matter to some of them now.

WTF is wrong with some people...

Anyway, to your comments on Eichel, I too have heard that his time with Roswell really changed him in a positive way and that he genuinely seemed concerned and sympathetic.

• Like (+1) 3

19 hours ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

@Mods

If need be, please delete my responses to @SDS.  I was making a statement of fact, but it is turning political.

You don't need to delete your responses, and neither do the people who responded to you. That doesn't mean that you have to further elaborate on the topic. If you get sanctioned for veering off topic, then you have become a member of the same disciplined membership faction that I am also a member of. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Taro T said:

Sabres should give them 9 & 16 & then trade 2 & 28 for 6 & 11 (?) from Columbus.  Hello, Jiricek!

The fact that the trades took you from 9 & 16 to 6 & 11 should be a hint that the trade for #2 was insufficient.

4 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

The fact that the trades took you from 9 & 16 to 6 & 11 should be a hint that the trade for #2 was insufficient.

9, 16, AND 28 to 6, & 12.  😉

(BJs own pick is 12, not 11.  Knew it was around there.)

Fine, if that doesn't get you 2, toss in Ruotsalainen.  Joisey's management is getting an up close look at him this week.  

For those who wondered how Reino would do in the playoffs, we have our answer.  2 goals and an assist in 6 games; both goals tied the game, one late in the third.  I think maybe we let a clutch player get away.

30 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

For those who wondered how Reino would do in the playoffs, we have our answer.  2 goals and an assist in 6 games; both goals tied the game, one late in the third.  I think maybe we let a clutch player get away.

***** him and the team he went to.

• Haha (+1) 3

Eh.  He was the last current Sabre jersey I had until my Tage Thompson came in today.

I will say this about Sam:  I think he's in the right; the Sabres worked him over with bridge deals and basically they put no faith in him.  Even so he played a good game right up to the trade.  There is nothing Reinhart did (in my eyes anyway) to warrant the hatred I harbor for Eichel.

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, Taro T said:

Sabres should give them 9 & 16 & then trade 2 & 28 for 6 & 11 (?) from Columbus.  Hello, Jiricek!

6 hours ago, Norcal said:

I like that

Why would you want to waste 2 top 1/2 1st round picks on a guy who’ll end up as a 3rd pairing defenseman?? You have a late pick in the 1st round and pick #41 for that. You have 3 22 year olds and a 19 year old in your top 4. Take the best 2 forwards available and move on. Nobody’s likely to play for at least 2 years anyway.

6 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Eh.  He was the last current Sabre jersey I had until my Tage Thompson came in today.

I will say this about Sam:  I think he's in the right; the Sabres worked him over with bridge deals and basically they put no faith in him.  Even so he played a good game right up to the trade.  There is nothing Reinhart did (in my eyes anyway) to warrant the hatred I harbor for Eichel.

I suspect that cozying up to Kane, etc. and being “on that side of the locker room” went noticed and accounted for.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, jsb said:

Why would you want to waste 2 top 1/2 1st round picks on a guy who’ll end up as a 3rd pairing defenseman?? You have a late pick in the 1st round and pick #41 for that. You have 3 22 year olds and a 19 year old in your top 4. Take the best 2 forwards available and move on. Nobody’s likely to play for at least 2 years anyway.

THIRD PAIRING?!?  That's sacrilege.  

He'll be Power's 24 minute per game partner and will cement the Sabres D into the books as the 20's version of the 70's Habs D, the late 00's Hawks D, or the 10's Preds D.

Besides, they're only "wasting" a late 1st in this scenario as they use 2 & 28 to get 2 better picks in the top 1/2 of the 1st round than they started with.

24 minutes ago, Taro T said:

THIRD PAIRING?!?  That's sacrilege.  

He'll be Power's 24 minute per game partner and will cement the Sabres D into the books as the 20's version of the 70's Habs D, the late 00's Hawks D, or the 10's Preds D.

Besides, they're only "wasting" a late 1st in this scenario as they use 2 & 28 to get 2 better picks in the top 1/2 of the 1st round than they started with.

What?? You do realize Dahlin's 1st pairing partner (Samuelsson) was picked in the 2nd round right?? Jokiharju for whatever faults people have of him is improving and is only 22 and played well off of Power to end the season. Then again maybe you're using sarcasm on me and I haven't had my coffee yet this morning and I missed it. There should be several RHDs available with that late 1st round pick that should fill the bill. Plus they'll have a boatload of cash available to pick up a vet this offseason. 

Instead of dismissing him as a dinosaur, maybe, just maybe we could have considered that this kind of ***** is what Lindy talked about at the end of the regular season.

Im guessing NJD lacked a Kreider to set the tone.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Weave said:

Instead of dismissing him as a dinosaur, maybe, just maybe we could have considered that this kind of ***** is what Lindy talked about at the end of the regular season.

Im guessing NJD lacked a Kreider to set the tone.

I find it interesting that Zibanejad wears a letter and Kreider does not. I'd also like to see how much longer the verbal from Kreider went on after that.

Edited by Contempt

6 hours ago, Weave said:

I suspect that cozying up to Kane, etc. and being “on that side of the locker room” went noticed and accounted for.

Yeah but I don't blame him for being a following in a cliquey dressing room.

6 hours ago, Weave said:

I always wondered what happened to Reino and RORs relationship after his rookie year. He practically stuck around for RORs practices his entire 1st year then suddenly stopped altogether. Perhaps that was him siding with Eichel over the team’s leadership versus ROR. 

Reino will always strike me as a skilled player and generally good guy but susceptible to following negative paths. He is blossoming in Florida due to the lack of Eichel but more so Kane.

• Like (+1) 1