Around the NHL 2021-22

Doohickie

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

"When asked why he decided to fire Trotz, Lamoriello said, "I would rather not get into any of the reasons," but he did specify that "this decision was not primarily made on this season."  --from ESPN.

Uh, what season was it made on, Lou?  Last season, when they went to the semifinals?

Good luck in coach purgatory.  It only took the Sabres about nine years to get out of it.

It was based on the 2000 NJ Devils.  Why couldn’t this team be as good as that one, Barry?!

27 minutes ago, Eleven said:

"When asked why he decided to fire Trotz, Lamoriello said, "I would rather not get into any of the reasons," but he did specify that "this decision was not primarily made on this season."  --from ESPN.

Uh, what season was it made on, Lou?  Last season, when they went to the semifinals?

Good luck in coach purgatory.  It only took the Sabres about nine years to get out of it.

The islanders don't have much so idk how they expect to win. Noah Dobson is good but they don't have anyone who topped 60 points. Only 2+ 20g scorers and they don't have a prospect pool worth getting excited over. They aren't a super young team either that can rely on a youth movement. Barzal and Dobson are about it for 24 and under guys that matter. Lean times ahead for the Islanders even with their boring style. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

I guess that Stanley Cup shine wears off pretty quick with players.   

Tough business. No one could beat the Bolts the last two years, and as mentioned…tough circumstances this year.  
While I can appreciate the playoffs or bust mentality of a team, who else is better for the job? The hire will be pretty interesting. Unless there’s a scandal brewing, this doesn’t appear to make a lot of sense.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'm aware that many here have nothing but contempt for Jack Eichel. I'm not in that critical group. I'm just noting that Jack played with a broken thumb for six weeks. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/jack-eichel-injury-status/c-333985196

And he helped the Sabres to pick number 16. Thanks Jack. 

9 hours ago, Norcal said:

And he helped the Sabres to pick number 16. Thanks Jack. 

I don't want to get into the exhausted pro and anti-Jack discussion. Assuming that Jack gets back to his pre-injury level, the Knights will be more than ecstatic about their trade for him. And assuming it does, the trade will still be an overall benefit for the Sabres because it helped to accelerate the reconfiguring and rebalancing of our roster. That's the hallmark of a good trade where both parties benefit. What will make this trade even more beneficial for us is if the draft pick gained is used to add a good prospect into our system. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I don't want to get into the exhausted pro and anti-Jack discussion. Assuming that Jack gets back to his pre-injury level, the Knights will be more than ecstatic about their trade for him. And assuming it does, the trade will still be an overall benefit for the Sabres because it helped to accelerate the reconfiguring and rebalancing of our roster. That's the hallmark of a good trade where both parties benefit. What will make this trade even more beneficial for us is if the draft pick gained is used to add a good prospect into our system. 

Liar.

• Haha (+1) 5

13 hours ago, JohnC said:

I'm aware that many here have nothing but contempt for Jack Eichel. I'm not in that critical group. I'm just noting that Jack played with a broken thumb for six weeks. 

https://www.nhl.com/news/jack-eichel-injury-status/c-333985196

That explains some of his problems shooting.  He had less fine control of his stick.

As a matter of personal philosophy, I don't have the time to waste hating people like Jack or being bitter about him.  Besides, I know from a few people that he really was moved by the patients at RPCI, so I can't be mad at him.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

That explains some of his problems shooting.  He had less fine control of his stick.

As a matter of personal philosophy, I don't have the time to waste hating people like Jack or being bitter about him.  Besides, I know from a few people that he really was moved by the patients at RPCI, so I can't be mad at him.

Personally, I make the time.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Whatever works.  Go for it.  🙂

The statement was silly. You don’t have time to “hate”, but you have time to tell people how much you don’t “hate”. 🤔 maybe if you drop the latter, you would have time for the former?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SDS said:

The statement was silly. You don’t have time to “hate”, but you have time to tell people how much you don’t “hate”. 🤔 maybe if you drop the latter, you would have time for the former?

Eh.  Never really thought about it.

(Moment of self-reflection.)

I guess that's how I cope with the amount of hate I encounter in the political sphere and with the hate I encounter.  If you don't deal with things like guys in MAGA hats trying to run you over with their trucks in a parking lot, you probably don't value this kind of attempt a de-escalation like I do.  And some of the Eichel hate has felt far too close to the invective I get from those who get me accosted by security at the KBC because they think I have a bomb strapped to me.

Call it a bit of self-defence and trying to lead by example.

Edited by Marvin, Sabres Fan

1 hour ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

Eh.  Never really thought about it.

(Moment of self-reflection.)

I guess that's how I cope with the amount of hate I encounter in the political sphere and with the hate I encounter.  If you don't deal with things like guys in MAGA hats trying to run you over with their trucks in a parking lot, you probably don't value this kind of attempt a de-escalation like I do.  And some of the Eichel hate has felt far too close to the invective I get from those who get me accosted by security at the KBC because they think I have a bomb strapped to me.

Call it a bit of self-defence and trying to lead by example.

I didn't realize that was you. As a suggestion, if I were you I'd refrain from wearing a Blue Jays jacket stuffed with Busch beers while walking into the KBC. Security will do most everything to get your beer. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, grinreaper said:

I didn't realize that was you. As a suggestion, if I were you I'd refrain from wearing a Blue Jays jacket stuffed with Busch beers while walking into the KBC. Security will do most everything to get your beer. 

You know what the sad part is?  Until Trump, I was a semi-regular at local Republican Party functions for almost 20 years.  (I am still registered Conservative.)  Some of those people look familiar and may actually know who I am.  Sadly, my skin colour and turban are all that matter to some of them now.

• Sad 1