Washington reclaims Alex Jonsson-Fjallby Off Waiver

Brawndo

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Place Alex Jonsson-Fjallby On Waivers
1 minute ago, kas23 said:

I’m wondering if he was refusing to report and the visa issue was just something to save face. 

Hes been on the ice with them. Likely they just didn't like the chemistry or they liked what they already had brewing I'd say.

Bizarre all the way around.

If another shoe fails to drop (he clears, we make another move that makes him redundant) I don't see the point in making a claim.

Surely they weren't going to make a call on him based on the single exhibition game he missed?

51 minutes ago, Thorny said:

What's the next step in the process after waiving a player? Does he go to the AHL/Europe, or is it a tryout at top-9 centre on the big club?

Since we are first in the waiver order, the 30 other teams all have an opportunity to put in a claim.  If none do, the Caps are then free to send him to Hershey.

20 minutes ago, Shootica said:

Since we are first in the waiver order, the 30 other teams all have an opportunity to put in a claim.  If none do, the Caps are then free to send him to Hershey.

Why do the Caps get the option of sending him to Hershey while the Sabres don’t have the option of sending him to Rochester?

43 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Bizarre all the way around.

If another shoe fails to drop (he clears, we make another move that makes him redundant) I don't see the point in making a claim.

Surely they weren't going to make a call on him based on the single exhibition game he missed?

They need a, "we got him?!" soundbite for the next embedded?

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Why do the Caps get the option of sending him to Hershey while the Sabres don’t have the option of sending him to Rochester?

Because they were the original team to put him on waivers.  If we were allowed to claim players and send them down ourselves, no worthwhile player would ever make it through waivers and the teams at the top of the waiver priority list would just stack their AHL teams.

• Thanks (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Shootica said:

Because they were the original team to put him on waivers.  If we were allowed to claim players and send them down ourselves, no worthwhile player would ever make it through waivers and the teams at the top of the waiver priority list would just stack their AHL teams.

is this actually how it works now? Doesn't sound right to me. I would think he still belongs to the Sabres unless Washington were to claim him back. When we waive him anyone can pick him up and if nobody does we get to send him elsewhere. 

19 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

is this actually how it works now? Doesn't sound right to me. I would think he still belongs to the Sabres unless Washington were to claim him back. When we waive him anyone can pick him up and if nobody does we get to send him elsewhere. 

I'd have to dust off the CBA to remember the specifics, you may be right, but either way the Caps get first dibs at sending him to their farm team.  Very little chance he ends up in Rochester.

Edited by Shootica

If nobody else has a waiver claim in on him, then the Caps have the option to reclaim him and send him to their farm club. 

If he clears this round of waivers (none of the other 31 teams including the Caps put in a claim on him) THEN the Sabres can assign him to Ra-cha-cha.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.