Sabres Send Jack Quinn and Brett Murray to Rochester

Brawndo

7 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I think they leaned toward keeping the veteran fringe guys in the last rounds of cuts, other than Quinn and Peterka who will benefit from staying up.

I see Quinn definitely being sent down and Murray, Hayden, Eakin, Peterka and Axel-Foley battling for the last couple spots up front. I think Hayden gets one, and Axel-Foley has to have the inside track on the other over Peterka.

The D will be the veteran 6, plus probably Bryson. I'm keeping an eye on Schuldt though because I thought he was better than most in his only game.

And Tokarski versus Dell might still be a thing for the second goalie slot.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I'm surprised that they didn't cut the defense down too.  Perhaps it's a message to the regulars that they have played poorly so far and they need competition or maybe there's a better day to waive defense (although I'm not sure any are at risk for us to lose).

42 minutes ago, Digger said:

I'm surprised that they didn't cut the defense down too.  Perhaps it's a message to the regulars that they have played poorly so far and they need competition or maybe there's a better day to waive defense (although I'm not sure any are at risk for us to lose).

Basically they left the next 50% of guys to fill an NHL lineup up with the big boys. 

12 F iced (13 rostered) -> 18 Fs still here (19 counting Eichel)

6 D iced (8 rostered) -> 12 D still here (including Samuelson)

1 G iced, 2 dressed -> 3 G still here.

2 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Can Quinn play in Rochester?

Yes.  Any player that was given permission to play in the AHL last season because of CHL team shut downs are allowed to play in the AHL again this year rather than go back to juniors.

• Thanks (+1) 3

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Place Dell on Waivers
  • Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Place Dell and Jimmy Schuldt on Waivers
3 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I wonder if it was the shoot out last night that did him in 

It was the entire body of work.  The only time he looked GOOD was in the 3v3 OT.  5 minutes out of how much?

It is reassuring that Granato & Adams weren't foolish enough nor stubborn enough to stick w/ Dell when Tokarski CLEARLY outplayed him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 10/2/2021 at 11:59 PM, North Buffalo said:

Use to play pickup against a career AHLer in his 60s and even then he was so much better than all of us it was insane...

There's a guy near me, almost 70, played in the AHL while the NHL was just 6 teams. Which means if the NHL was 12 teams or more, he'd have been playing there. And yes, even at 70 he makes us all look foolish.

you-are-the-weakest-link-goodbye.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

• Brawndo changed the title to Sabres Send Jack Quinn and Brett Murray to Rochester
6 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Interesting.  Murray got a good taste during the preseason and seems close.  I assume he has been given a list of things to work on in Rochester and if he works hard he will get some games later this year.

I like Quinn and will find it interesting to see if they play him at center with Rochester.  Murray Quinn Peterka (if he gets sent down) will be fun to watch.  Could add Linus Weissbach on that line too in place of Murray.  Fun to watch Rochester.  Let's hope they develop and do well.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.