Rumor: Eichel to have surgery soon

LGR4GM

Just now, New Scotland (NS) said:

I won't speak for anyone else here, but I think initials are not respectful enough.

Is John Robert's father named John?  If so, I think we could add Jr, or maybe II ... John Robert Jr. ... John Robert II

I like that.

No ... Bob ... Robert ... I think that we could do the Robert (John) II thing and it's all good.

@PASabreFan, can I get a ruling on this.

Razor on the instigators is making good points (which seems strange) that maybe Eichel is fully or almost fully healed and his old agent wanted to keep playing the surgery card to force a trade. Just an interesting take on the surgery side of things. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Razor on the instigators is making good points (which seems strange) that maybe Eichel is fully or almost fully healed and his old agent wanted to keep playing the surgery card to force a trade. Just an interesting take on the surgery side of things. 

Yes that would be quite the development.

I would think that he must have been injured though.  We have seen him skating but I would think that he would need to be able to do some workouts with weights to get into shape for training camp.

1 hour ago, kas23 said:

I’m not understanding “there must be a trade” worked out. Brisson just started less than a week ago. Doubt things would’ve changed that dramatically. Brisson is probably a smart guy though. What has likely happened is that he knows (and has made Jack realize) that there is no market for an unresolved career-threatening injury for a guy owed $50 million. This is obvious, otherwise he would’ve been traded by now. So, he told Jack to put his big boy pants on and get a procedure done. The quicker he shows that he’s not damaged goods, the quicker he will get out. Sitting on your hands hoping KA would cave was a failed mission. 

He's not getting traded. We are caught in an infinite loop 

• Haha (+1) 3

I tuned in late to Instigators.  From what I heard he is moving quite well in the camp.  Sounds like he can maybe/possibly pass a physical and play.  ?  

That would make the trade much easier and should help our return. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

That makes absolutely no sense to me.  Eichel being healthy would simplify the trade and make it happen so much quicker.  The hold up has been the uncertainty around his neck.

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

That makes absolutely no sense to me.  Eichel being healthy would simplify the trade and make it happen so much quicker.  The hold up has been the uncertainty around his neck.

It's improving with time.  My prediction is that it will not, in the end, require surgery, but he will miss additional playing time to allow it to properly heal.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

There are those among us who have speculated that a lot of the "hard ball" being played by other GM's, while perhaps hiding under the guise of strictly injury concern, may also in large part come down to the standard and expected type of low-balling we see when a GM of an opposing team is perceived to be in a weak position. 

I get that Adams *does* have the power here, as people keep pointing out, but can you really blame other teams for testing that? Considering this franchise and other recent deals? I'm not one of the people who believe that this deal is done and delivered already, necessarily, if Jack was already healthy. Maybe, but Adams ask could *still* be perceived as being too high. Didn't we hear the Wild were good to go with Jack's chosen surgery? There's just so much more to it. 

Disgruntled star on the market. Par for the course, injury or not

• Like (+1) 1

If it ends up being true that his neck is healing and expected to be at 100% via the rest and rehab route initially recommended and prescribed by team doctors, then the ungrateful prick should write a letter of apology and gratitude for being able to avoid any risky invasive procedure on his cervical spine. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Thorny said:

There are those among us who have speculated that a lot of the "hard ball" being played by other GM's, while perhaps hiding under the guise of strictly injury concern, may also in large part come down to the standard and expected type of low-balling we see when a GM of an opposing team is perceived to be in a weak position. 

I get that Adams *does* have the power here, as people keep pointing out, but can you really blame other teams for testing that? Considering this franchise and other recent deals? I'm not one of the people who believe that this deal is done and delivered already, necessarily, if Jack was already healthy. Maybe, but Adams ask could *still* be perceived as being too high. Didn't we hear the Wild were good to go with Jack's chosen surgery? There's just so much more to it. 

Disgruntled star on the market. Par for the course, injury or not

We’ve been conditioned by Ranger Twitter to think GMs are lowballing Adams.

It could also be true that the asks really are too high.

5 minutes ago, dudacek said:

We’ve been conditioned by Ranger Twitter to think GMs are lowballing Adams.

It could also be true that the asks really are too high.

The 30 for 30 about John playing half the season here after being stripped of the C is gonna be a trip.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I can't decide if I can see Jack coming back and playing some games for the Sabres or not. How likely is it that a team would be able to work their cap in season to make that kind of move work, should Jack come back to try and prove himself to facilitate said trade? From Jack's point of view, there's no guarantee he'd be moved to a contender, would he not be inclined to rehab the full season, if it's going to be a late return anyways, and make Adams move him under the no movement clause, where he does gain some power? 

Are people thinking that Jack will be so ready to get out that his NMC will be functionally irrelevant?

51 minutes ago, K-9 said:

If it ends up being true that his neck is healing and expected to be at 100% via the rest and rehab route initially recommended and prescribed by team doctors, then the ungrateful prick should write a letter of apology and gratitude for being able to avoid any risky invasive procedure on his cervical spine. 

A handsome trade return is all the apology I require. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

It's improving with time.  My prediction is that it will not, in the end, require surgery, but he will miss additional playing time to allow it to properly heal.

The bold is why the comments by Razor make sense. Maybe Eichel never wanted to be traded he just wanted his surgery and his agent kept pushing that even though Jack's neck has or is healing. Maybe he will be good to go by December with rest and rehab. Maybe Jack getting healthy complicates the trade because the price is justifiably high and teams are balking at it. The hold up is over the ask IMPO. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The bold is why the comments by Razor make sense. Maybe Eichel never wanted to be traded he just wanted his surgery and his agent kept pushing that even though Jack's neck has or is healing. Maybe he will be good to go by December with rest and rehab. Maybe Jack getting healthy complicates the trade because the price is justifiably high and teams are balking at it. The hold up is over the ask IMPO. 

Could definitely conceivably be the case.

The injury issue serves as a potential answer for all the hold up, of course, but I don't think it necessarily needs to be that. I've seen enough of NHL GMs in my lifetime to know that there is *more* than enough dynamic at play, beyond even considering an injury, to hold up a huge trade like this indefinitely. 

I had a sad today when it struck me -- belatedly (which is pretty typical) -- that Eichel's decision to have surgery could just as well be an indication of "well, fuggit, a deal's not getting done anytime soon, and I don't want to report to camp for the Sabres, so I'm just having the fusion surgery that the Sabres will consent to, and then we'll see what's what."

• Like (+1) 1

Craig Rivet was quick to point out that you want to avoid surgery as much as possible because surgery never makes you 100% Anything you get done makes you less than you were. He spoke of his shoulder surgeries that allowed him to play but he was never the same. He suggests if Jack can deal with the pain now and play, he'd be better off postponing surgery until retirement.

• Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Yeah I'm sure the Buffalo Sabres let razor leak that information lol.

I'm going to say he has zero clue like the rest of us